Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I bought used 660 -01. Last owner has set the cam timing to one tooth earlier than original? He said that it would give more top end power. ::) Has anyone tried that? I have problems to get it started when engine is hot. Engine backfires when i try to start (without choke and with no throttle). Could that modification be the cause to backfire?? Raptor has yoshimura full exhaust and dynojet kit. Whole thing runs great, but i just replased one-way and i don't want to break the new one :help: I belive that this backfiring broke the old one-way..

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Put it back to factory cam timing and then start to isolate your problems, if they still exist.

A whole tooth is an enormous amount of timing change, you can move the power band of the motor by playing with the cam timing but you have to slot the cam bolt holes and do it with a degree wheel, not just move it a tooth.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would replace the chain also. I have seen people make the mistake of puting it on advanced because the chain was so stretched.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay. The broblem was the cam timing.. Now it is at the factory setting, it don't kickback anymore :thumbsup: And it also runs and revs better!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts