Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has an 05 yfz450 se and its super uncomfortable to me, the seat is rock solid and I feel like I'm gonna fall over the handlebars cause the seat isn't level. Its also a little hard to keep it going in a straight line cause the way the steering is. How does an 06-08 raptor 700 compare in terms of comfort?

·
Registered
370 Posts
My buddy has an 05 yfz450 se and its super uncomfortable to me, the seat is rock solid and I feel like I'm gonna fall over the handlebars cause the seat isn't level. Its also a little hard to keep it going in a straight line cause the way the steering is. How does an 06-08 raptor 700 compare in terms of comfort?
I think it depends mostly on your size. I'm 6'2" and 260lbs, I find any yfz extremely uncomfortable... But then again I customized my raptor so much, that I find any stop raptor uncomfortable also, specially the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it depends mostly on your size. I'm 6'2" and 260lbs, I find any yfz extremely uncomfortable... But then again I customized my raptor so much, that I find any stop raptor uncomfortable also, specially the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty small, 140lbs and about 5'7"

·
Registered
456 Posts
Raptor is the Cadillac of quads. The Yfz is more of a sports car. I sold my last personal 450 years ago. Couldn't imagine wanting to own one again. Bought a 450 for my grandson because he likes his Dad's. Only had it a couple of months before we traded it for a 700.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raptor is the Cadillac of quads. The Yfz is more of a sports car. I sold my last personal 450 years ago. Couldn't imagine wanting to own one again. Bought a 450 for my grandson because he likes his Dad's. Only had it a couple of months before we traded it for a 700.
Good to know, because I HATE how the 450s feel

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
450 is meant to be lightweight and fast. They do not take comfort into consideration when designing or building race machines. (See superbikes, race cars, etc.) Im surprised they even have a seat at all!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
450 is meant to be lightweight and fast. They do not take comfort into consideration when designing or building race machines. (See superbikes, race cars, etc.) Im surprised they even have a seat at all!

I kinda figured, I'm hoping to get a raptor in the next few months, kinda hoping prices will go down, maybe I'll stop by the dealership sometime and sit on a brand new one to see what I think

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How's the comfort of a 660 compared to a 700? I just sat on my friends 660 and it was extremely comfortable

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where I live there are no new ones to sit on.
That's true across the country. I do a lot of travelling for work and am always poking my head in at the local powersports dealers and I can tell you I haven't seen a YFZ anywhere!! I have however seen a couple Raptors. The last place I went to in Colorado Springs told me they don't know when they'll get more inventory but it may be a year or two before they have a YFZ on the floor because everybody wants them. The one Raptor he had left was bought and returned for a YFZ which apparently was on back order for the customer. 😆

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Here is SW Missouri i saw a yfz sitting outside at a local dealer that mostly sells SxS and lawn mowers about 2 weeks ago. Havnt seen a raptor in a while...

Reactions: CoronaThumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Reactions: Sixpack577
1 - 20 of 22 Posts