Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title reads, I have encountered a problem with my 700. I was on the track and it started missing out in 1st 2nd 3rd and so on. When it would cutt out it was limited in rpm as if you were reverse. Also the R would light up on my dash when it did so.

It is intermittent, sometimes it will pull hard through all the gears and sometimes it will just happen when it wants.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
As the title reads, I have encountered a problem with my 700. I was on the track and it started missing out in 1st 2nd 3rd and so on. When it would cutt out it was limited in rpm as if you were reverse. Also the R would light up on my dash when it did so.

It is intermittent, sometimes it will pull hard through all the gears and sometimes it will just happen when it wants.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Ryan

Damn....I had this happen once with a bike of mine on the dyno and it was a wiring thing or it was the lean angle sensor got positioned wrong....but, I can`t remember what exactly it was.....but, it was doing exactly what you are describing.

You might give DL700 (Daniel) a call or PM him....He`s a great person and always helpful...or Velociraptor (Bo White)...another bike smart guy.

Sorry, I can`t remember precisely what it was....but it was an easy fix once we figured it out !....If that`s any consolation.

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thanks for the info, i may try contacting those guys on here.
I am currently offshore working so i would like to find a the fix while im out here. I want to ride this thing bad..... Its funny how one trip it did it, i changed the plug and it was good the next 2 rides, now it did it again.

I hate these type issues

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
well thanks for the info, i may try contacting those guys on here.
I am currently offshore working so i would like to find a the fix while im out here. I want to ride this thing bad..... Its funny how one trip it did it, i changed the plug and it was good the next 2 rides, now it did it again.

I hate these type issues
I was thinking about this last night and remembered a little more....but, don`t know if its specific enough.

When this happened to my bike, I remember that it had something to do with a speed or reverse sensor issue.....where it thinks it is reverse....and there is a limiter for reverse with regards to speed....so, it was cutting out, as you describe as you revved up or to a certain speed. I just can`t remember the specific fix....it was wires wrong or something installed wrong....making it right, fixed the issue immediately.

Before this started happening, did you have any work done on the bike where they might have changed something ?

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you very much for the follow up

I pmed dl700 and he told me to check the reverse sensor also!! It has been working normal but i SLUNG the chain a while back and havent rode it much since. I am thinking maybe it damaged the reverse sensor and im seeing it now. I will check it out when I get home and follow up with you guys on here.
thanks for the help

Ryan

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's the reverse sensor that goes down by the front sprocket. I just had the same problem. It's the wire juggling loose. Easy fix pull the wire that goes into the sensor down by the front sprocket clean and pinch it with a set of pliers so it holds onto the sensor better. You will see when you mess with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome.... thanks again for the replys fella's

Heck while i have yalls help on this thread... It appears i lost my key while i was packing up to go offshore. Can i get a replacement through yamaha or do i need to buy a new ignition switch with key????

Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts