Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i replaced my stator cause there was a fried wire in it i got a moose one for dennis kirk got it all back to gether i go to started it wound start it cranks then back fires back fired so hard it blew my carbs out of the boots from the engine side so i checked the carbs they were fine i checked the ignition timing that was fine spark if fine plug is not fouled so i will get new one in the am but we cleaned it off and it tryed to run but it was like it was really lean with all the back fireing

its a moose stator and it has 2 less wires in one of the plugs for the revese side do you think that would cause it it has me and my dad baffeld and really mad and saturday is really one of the last days i will be riding so please help any adive will help when i get to school in the mornign i will check this again thanks in advance chris

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more thing whenit back fires a hell of a lot of smoke comes out of the carbs

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok got new plugs but still nothing just backfires more offen and louder and more forcefull HELP please

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i fixed it i called up dennis kirk and got the maufactours # and called them they said there are 2 plugs i said ya the one with 3 wires is fine and the one iwth 2 is backwards bull the wires and swich spots they said this because of the polarity is backwards then it will put it right they messed up and put it the wrong way it runs yay iget to ride again

thanks for the help guys lol jk iknow i must haave :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts