Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding my 660 out on the trails, it just died! It would not restart. I realized that it had a little too much oil in it. My little girl towed me back to the trailer with her 110cc China made:mad: and proceeded to talk junk. Anyway, after draining some of the oil out, I could never get it to re-fire. I replaced the spark plug with a new one. After a week of just sitting, it fired up and ran like a champ for about 2 minutes. After running, it just stopped running, no ticks, no bangs, no rattles or anything. Now it just turns over and backfires. I was wondering if it could have jumped timing by spinning the woodruff key, if so is there any way that I can figure this out by looking for a certain tell-tell sign?? The one way starter has been replaced by the previous owner. My last and final question is if I have to replace this one way starter and woodruff key, is it something I should tackle myself or take to a service tech? Thanks for your help.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Have you checked for spark when it dies? I suggest, if there's no spark, to unplug the rectifier and see if spark comes back. If so, the stator has a short and another test will tell you if it's easily resolvable.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Have you checked for spark when it dies? I suggest, if there's no spark, to unplug the rectifier and see if spark comes back. If so, the stator has a short and another test will tell you if it's easily resolvable.
+1...

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
+3? Lol.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
What the hell +4...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts