Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in awhile while riding the Raptor will die out when I pull the clutch in, yet it fires right back up. It only does this after I ride for a little bit, and seems like when I'm just putting around. It doesnt die out if I'm in the throttle. And the die out is suddenly, no sputter or anything. Any ideas? I just ran some injector cleaner through it since theres no telling what the kid before me had done (Before me it had been rode hard and put up wet if you know what I mean, so I'm slowly bringing it back to its prime).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
does it idle just fine? if so then i would check the clutch switch and make sure its not grounding anywhere it shouldent. i wouldent think a wire would be that powerfull but u never know i guess. Possibly check your TPS and make sure thats in the correct range. Should be .68-.72V or .70-.74OHM

·
Registered
615 Posts
I would start by replacing the spark plug, if he didn't take real good care of it that might be the problem. The switch on the clutch wouldn't cause it to die, that is a neutral saftey switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am having the same problem too. Two weeks ago I bought a used '07 and on the initial rides it would stall when I would come to a stop, pull the clutch in, & stay at a stop. It would only do this after it warmed up though. This last weekend I changed the oil, spark plug and yadda yadda yadda. Anyhow, it idles smoother, but it is still shutting off occasionally in the same scenario. I haven't adjusted the TPS yet but I am really hoping that is what is causing the problem. If you guys have any other ideas let me know. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The fix

Had the same issue. Two possible solutions Loose Orange wire at the coil pack. make sure wire is seated in connector properly and clean. Then as stupid as it sounds... replace the switch in the clutch lever assembly. This switch never tested bad. But as soon as it was replaced, problem solved.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Had the same issue. Two possible solutions Loose Orange wire at the coil pack. make sure wire is seated in connector properly and clean. Then as stupid as it sounds... replace the switch in the clutch lever assembly. This switch never tested bad. But as soon as it was replaced, problem solved.
Good point...Deffo check the Clutch switch, Mine went bad and did the same thing, I just bypassed it, Problem Solved...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts