Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you ever had one of those days where stuff dosn't go right. While today I was putting the final touches on my 2005 raptor i rebuilt. When I went to start it start it up it reved and the n stopped. I had it out earlier in the day trying to break it in and it was running geat. So I noticed a hole in the top of my case. So I pulled the engine out and got the clutch cover off. That's when I noticed the counter balance nut and gear had come off. It looks like it ruined the little plastic gear o the back of the clutch basket. Also I think it ruined the crank. So life is sucking right now. I have thinking about getting another case and starting over. I am only in thing for about 400. Will any raptor case work on this.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
All years of 660 cases are the same.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So you ever had one of those days where stuff dosn't go right. While today I was putting the final touches on my 2005 raptor i rebuilt. When I went to start it start it up it reved and the n stopped. I had it out earlier in the day trying to break it in and it was running geat. So I noticed a hole in the top of my case. So I pulled the engine out and got the clutch cover off. That's when I noticed the counter balance nut and gear had come off. It looks like it ruined the little plastic gear o the back of the clutch basket. Also I think it ruined the crank. So life is sucking right now. I have thinking about getting another case and starting over. I am only in thing for about 400. Will any raptor case work on this.
If the crank and counterbalancer go out of time, you have a huge problem, most likely you have wrecked the connecting rod also, this has happened to me twice, my 01 had this happen but I was lucky it was under warranty, My 02 Raptor blew the engine apart during a race, it isnt a pretty sight, I will repost some pictures, I love these pictures but some dont............

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
If the crank and counterbalancer go out of time, you have a huge problem, most likely you have wrecked the connecting rod also, this has happened to me twice, my 01 had this happen but I was lucky it was under warranty, My 02 Raptor blew the engine apart during a race, it isnt a pretty sight, I will repost some pictures, I love these pictures but some dont............

I love those pics....& the vid:)...I just hope it dosent happen to me..
To the OP, sorry to hear about your problems...Good luck getting her back together...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I think the retaining washer messed up and the nut came off. I had it all time. It did ruin the crank rod. I got me a new case off of ebay for 75 and I am in the process o buying a crank. It also ruined the plastic gear under the clutch basket.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Holy Shit that is INSANE! Any suggestions on how to avoid this happening?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I took the bike to the dunes and it ran pretty good. I had a few problems. The biggest was the carb boots kept popping off. Also the reverse limiter kept acting up. I don't think the fan is working either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts