Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 raptor 700.i had a set of force 4s and a dynatek f.i controller and a uni air filter just like the stock 1s and my wife had a baby and i like riding are baby on it and it was WAY to loud so i put it back stock for now.and i was ridding it and its getting hotter then it did before.i dont remember it ever getting this hot and ive been on some LONG rides.all i did was take the pipes and fi off and put my air box lid on.does any1 know what could be wrong.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well yes but when it was stock before it would never get this hot.i ride on trails that you cant get out of 2ed and it would get hot but now this hot.i just got done riding it(without the baby)and i was in 4th gear and i think it got hotter then when i was going slow

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
hmm... I don't think that has anything to do with the changing from Big3 to stock. I don't know what it is though. Maybe try flushing coolant and putting in new stuff?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but when i had the big 3 on i could ride in the hottest part of the day (in 1st to 3ed gear) all day and it would not be this hot.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you took the fi controller off it could be lean. If it is running lean it will run hotter than normal. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If you took the fi controller off it could be lean. If it is running lean it will run hotter than normal. Just a thought.
:confused: It wouldn't be running lean if it had the stock exhaust and stock intake with lid on without a controller... But you could be right, it wouldn't hurt to check the plug and see if it's whitish greyish.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a little more info..
i looked at the plug its light brown.
i let it idle for like 1 or 2 mins and the fan kicked on.
with any mod i have ever had on it i could idle all day without it coming on.

·
Registered
951 Posts
The t-stat could be stuck closed, or a air pocket in the engine. I would change the t-stat just because it is fairly cheap. Then pull the plug out of the t-stat housing and make sure to bleed all of the air out when filling with coolant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.