Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a lot of fun. That was the first time on the ice with screws so I still have a lot to learn. I was alot faster on the raptor than the bike, because the bike is so unsettling. I hoe to hit it up again this Saturday. I want to get a long straight stretch plowed out so I can do some super long wheelies. There was one section that I did nto get a video of where I could get keep it at 10 o'clock for about 200 feet or so.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
did you just use the screws that go into the lugs like these

hope that worked

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
ok, yeah it worked, those are on my buddys bill balance yfz, and i loved them, i'm sure the ones from the inside are better, it took a while to get used to, on powdery snow on the river they didn't work that great,but ice only they were awesome, took a bit to get used to but i was whipping it side ways when i wanted once i got used to it and could wheelie for days.. i might add them to my stock tires next year after i get me some holeshots

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I think you've found something that actually is worse than sheetmetal screws...

I have only two words for anyone going out to play on the ice:

KOLD KUTTERS

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i'll have to check into KOLD KUTTERS, anywhere specific you like to get them from?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
hey maddog would it make a real difference with those cheng shins and the studs, or would it be just as good with stock tires and the studs
http://www.magicracing.com/C826-Cheng-Shin-Ice-Tire_p_68-1328.html
the 1000 pack looks like the way to go, how many would you suggest in each tire? or per row i guess, do you have a pic of your set up by any chance?
here is a pattern i seen on cheng shin tire/rim package

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
If you're just playing don't worry about getting special tires, but putting the screws in a designated set of tires will keep your summer tires in better shape.

Patterns can vary quite a bit depending on tire size, rider and bike weights, suspension setup, track size, etc, etc, etc. If you're doing stock tires it's pretty self explanatory, throw a couple in each knob. If you're studding cheng shins you can use all kinds of patterns. The one they suggest is a good one, but to keep the price down on screw costs you can just run one per knob.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used the gold screws made specifically for the ice. They seem to work ok. I put them in my bike too. I need a few more because I want to get more bite in the front end to go faster around the oval. Right now the whole quad slides sideways in a really controllable manner, but it slides too much to the outside of the corner. I put them in the stock tires and ti kinda sucked because of the ridge on the edge of each knob. I might get some cheng shins once these are ruined.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.