Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One day i went to start it and noticed the throttle was stuck so I took of the side plate 3 screws and it was dirty cleaned that but it would still not return to closed position so I took the carbs of the boots and sprayed that middle spring real well and worked the butterflies cleaned the fouling in the ports that worked and it's good.now it will just idle to high even with the cable all the way back.

How do I fix this?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
One day i went to start it and noticed the throttle was stuck so I took of the side plate 3 screws and it was dirty cleaned that but it would still not return to closed position so I took the carbs of the boots and sprayed that middle spring real well and worked the butterflies cleaned the fouling in the ports that worked and it's good.now it will just idle to high even with the cable all the way back.

How do I fix this?
There is a screw on the left side of the carbs that adjust throttle speed, try that, it that doesnt help, you will need to clean the pilot jets, they are probably dirty and need cleaning..............

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
make sure you put the carbs back on all the way they might be sucking air in

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a hell of a time putting them back on the boots it was a bitch.The adjust ment on the side does not touch the cable alows it to go all the way down but it still idles to fast.
I did read on here that maybe the butter flies are not closing all the way and that could be the problem.I will pull them off the from boot again and see if that's the problem.how do I get the choke cable off?

thanks from for the help john

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
carefully and slowly unscrew it from then carb....it is plastic and it breaks Really easy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i found the problem the spring that closes the butterflies is not strong enough to move that round part on the side.like when i release the throttle i have to push it down by hand to get it to idle.I don't know what the half circle part is called the cable connects to.how can i give the spring more tension to close the butterflies ?

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
Something is binding - check the throttle cable and thumb throttle - fix it instead of trying to bandaid with a stronger spring.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something is binding - check the throttle cable and thumb throttle - fix it instead of trying to bandaid with a stronger spring.
I took off the cable and turned the wheel by hand it would not go back far enough to idle on it's own i had to help it.Anyway I played with the middle screw un tell I had enough tension to close the butterflies.It idles now and when i give throttle it gos back down.i will test ride it in the morning and see if it is fixed.

I Googled my problem and it brought me back here lol.
wwholden post
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86429

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
Careful - the middle screw is intended to sync the two butterflies - to make them close at the same point; not to adjust the spring tension.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Careful - the middle screw is intended to sync the two butterflies - to make them close at the same point; not to adjust the spring tension.
Oh ok .Well i took it for a spin around the farm this morning and she will come down to idle now after I goose it so i am going to leave it alone for now.I see you in Ca to i live in central Ca and we got a good soaking today i got caught in a hail storm to while riding the raptor it's not fun lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks for the info i will try and put it back the way it was.the spring tension was fine something was just binding up and i got it free .

how can i adjust it back to the way it was do i just go by eye or is there a way to measure this ?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok thanks for the info i will try and put it back the way it was.the spring tension was fine something was just binding up and i got it free .

how can i adjust it back to the way it was do i just go by eye or is there a way to measure this ?
By eye is good enough..........................:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts