Raptor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My friends dad just bought one, the rear independant is real nice.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'll take the motor :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Looks like it hit a wall. Even ugly can be fast though so I'll show it some respect when I see one in the dunes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does it have the same motor as the dirt bike :3question:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is FASTER than the Raptor! I do own both by the way. And it rides smoother. Its ok to hate it because I didnt buy it for you guys I bought it because its what I wanted. Thats ok because you will only have to look at the back of it. HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont think I will have a problem with the KTM 525 engine. And the quality of the chassis is as good as any jap bike made. You might want to check one out before you put your foot in your mouth.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
KTM doesn't play. They make serious engines. Sparky...This is probably going to give you wood. If the 510 is just an underbored 525, you can buy a bore, piston, and stroker crank kit straight from KTM. Go with the 540 kit and 78mm stroker crank and you are popping 576cc. They also have slipper clutches etc. KTM and Hotcams already has the dirtbike camshafts. It comes factory with that baddass hydraulic clutch, and oh ya...Poo-laris has tow straps and overnight bags. Wear it out dude. ;)

http://www.ktminfo.com/view_single_item.asp?name=STROKER+CRANKSHAFT+STROKE+78MM&categoryId=78&subCategoryId=0&page=4&search=&scriptName=ktm%5Fpower%5Fparts%2Easp

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ryans Roostin Raptor said:
Til it breaks down like all Polaris's do :lol: :lol:
That's right :thumbsup:. I've never liked Polaris, if both quads were stock they say the outlaw is faster (I want proof). With mods I'm pretty sure the 700 has it beat. Guess i'll find out when I race one

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BJH said:
KTM doesn't play. They make serious engines. Sparky...This is probably going to give you wood. If the 510 is just an underbored 525, you can buy a bore, piston, and stroker crank kit straight from KTM. Go with the 540 kit and 78mm stroker crank and you are popping 576cc. They also have slipper clutches etc. KTM and Hotcams already has the dirtbike camshafts. It comes factory with that baddass slipper clutch, and oh ya...Poo-laris has <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=tow straps" onmouseover="window.status='tow straps'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">tow straps</a> and <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=overnight bags" onmouseover="window.status='overnight bags'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">overnight bags</a>. Wear it out dude. ;)

http://www.ktminfo.com/view_single_item.asp?name=STROKER+CRANKSHAFT+STROKE+78MM&categoryId=78&subCategoryId=0&page=4&search=&scriptName=ktm%5Fpower%5Fparts%2Easp
I already have the 610 SMR (super moto racer) kit with SMR cam ;)and a tapered bore 43.5mm carb just waiting to get put to use. ;) sorry to make some of you guys :'( :grin_nod:

·
Registered
899 Posts
pred seat is a lazy boy compared to an outlaw I rode this last fall. Rode it for a couple of hours and the lump in the seat to accommodate the strange air box/cleaner design is horrible and I didn’t get used to it. I like Polaris though and the outlaw was fun just feels different and slow...I bet the new engine is a nice improvement. How is the seat on the new one? How is the handling?

·
Registered
200 Posts
sparky yfz said:
It is FASTER than the Raptor! I do own both by the way.
Did you race them yet? You know, even a YFZ "feels" faster than a 700.......till you race them................Give us details, dude! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Cool! The 525 Outlaw was the bike I wanted, I was just too impatient. :lol:

1 - 20 of 393 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.