Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 raptor with full exhaust and jet kit to compliment. i was noticing a slight bog down in the bottom of 1 and 2 gears. i also raced my friends stock raptor except with slip on exhaut and he beats me every time even if i ride his and he rides mine so its the bike not the rider and theoretically i should beat his bike. but what should i do to get it running 100 %

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
If he beats you on your quad, then its you? Are the carbs in the intake manifolds? Dont know if 2002 has this problem, but just today we had to fix my dads 2001 because it blew the carbs out and ran like shit

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Sounds Like Over Fueling, try Smaller Jets Or even try a little more Air Screw Work to lean it out a bit.

Canada Rocks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
What jets are you running? You may need to bump up your pilot jets to 25s.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
22.5 or 25 regardless should pull fine if the a/f screws are compensated for either. your problem seems to be the needle IMO. the needle is set to high to let too much fuel in. More than likely they told you to put it on the 4th clip (assuming its mikuni) if so put it on the 3rd clip (middle), and re adjust your a/f screws. Keep your right side at least 1\4 turn between the right side and no more than 1\2 turn.
As in the right side 2 & 3/4 turns out, after you completely tightened it in, and 2 & 1/4 turns out on the left. You may have to play with these a little to get them perfect.

By the way get rid of your air box lid completely if you haven';t already, and get a K&N filter if you haven't,..that may be your problem right there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I WAS GOIN POST THE SAME THING KINDA MY BIKE IS LOADING UP IN THE TOP END THOUGH BUT THE WIERD THING ABOUT IT IS IT JUST STARTED DOIN IT ON SATURDAY BUT THE OTHER WIERD THING IS IT SEEMS LIKE IF U RIDE IT AN HEAT IT UP ABOUT 2 HRS AFTER RIDING OR JUST SOMETIMES OUT OF THE BLUE IT WILL PULL ALL THE WAY THREW I DONT UNDERSTAND I WOULD SAY ITS THE JETS OR THE AF SCREW BUT IT DOESNT DO IT ALL THE TIME IN FIFTH WIDE OPEN IT WILL PULL THEN POP AN BOGE DOWN THEN IT WILL PULL ALITTLE AN DO IT AGAIN. DO U THINK THE JETS A CLOGED WITH DIRT OR SOMETHING .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.