Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at other raptor pics and mine looks like shit compared to the others. I thinks it the mud and the trees. It kinda of upsetting. My plastics are all faded, beet up, all the stickers have fallin off, and the right side hangs down a little. The motor has this mud stain look. I dont understand i was the thing every time we go riding. So if any body else has a beet up raptor post a pic of it

·
Registered
963 Posts
I spray wd40 over the whole bike every since the first washing. Now any time i go riding all i have to do is rinse with the hose and respray wd40 and let air dry. It looks like new after every ride.

·
Registered
337 Posts
mine probably looks worse than yours, I don't even wash mine... grease it every now and then.. I bought it to get it dirty. Maybe if I rode sand 100% it would look cleaner

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
bxofrox said:
I spray wd40 over the whole bike every since the first washing. Now any time i go riding all i have to do is rinse with the hose and respray wd40 and let air dry. It looks like new after every ride.
WD40 works great

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've had my bike for about 1 year and 5 months I have still yet to wash it LOL(riding in sand it doesn't stick)

·
Registered
963 Posts
In Fallon there is a lot of dust it rained its ass off today so tomorrow should nice to go ride.

·
Registered
988 Posts
If your looking for an ATV/ Offroad type of solution try Maxima SC1, its great for a new shine and also helps with mud situations, ive been using it since my Raptor was new and besides a few wear scratches it still shines like the night i brought it home

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
SIC said:
when u spray on the WD40 or the PAM does u just spray the bike, or wipe it down with it?
If you use pam it kinda comes out brown'ish so I've wiped it on the bike with a rag.. haven't used WD40 but I would probably wipe it on also. Just my .02 8)

Michael

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is exactly why I got on here tonight. I'm getting my raptor in jus about a week or two and I was wondering what every1 does to keep them looking clean. I got a dirtbike now and know how hard they are to keep clean. So, once I get the rappy of the truck out comes a rag and some good ol' WD.

·
Registered
22 Posts
come on guys if you have the time to ride show, it some respect, wash it after the ride. If you are short of time then at least rinse. I am wondering if you don't wash your bike for a year and a half what does your room or your house look like?

·
Registered
55 Posts
joe raptor said:
come on guys if you have the time to ride show, it some respect, wash it after the ride. If you are short of time then at least rinse. I am wondering if you don't wash your bike for a year and a half what does your room or your house look like?
well, I wash my quad afater every ride and polish it, unfortunately, my house isn't so good ( too much time tidying up the bike) :p

·
Registered
963 Posts
SIC said:
when u spray on the WD40 or the PAM does u just spray the bike, or wipe it down with it?

While the bike is still wet from rinsing, lightly coat entire bike with wd40 this includes motor casing, hoses, frame , exhaust, EVERYTHING. Then let it air dry. The next day or the next time you go in your garage if there is any excess wd40 spray that you can see then wipe it of, do not wipe hard just gently wipe, Like you would wipe your ass.The bike should shine like new. The next time you go riding you will notice that all you have to do is rinse the bike with a normal garden hose .No pressure washer needed for this process. when rinsed to your satisfaction, reapply WD40.

(this is what I do . I am not to be held liable for anyones own stupidity,for spraying brakes with WD40 , as when I say spray everything . I mean all but brakes.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mine still looks new and I ride in nasty mud and dirt all the time. Ive used simple green since day one and nothing else. It works wonders, if you clean it regularly it will stay looking good.

·
Registered
963 Posts
WD40 is just for us lazy people that have mor eto do with the day when we get home from riding than to just sit and wash the piss out of our bikes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
Mine still looks new and I ride in nasty mud and dirt all the time. Ive used simple green since day one and nothing else. It works wonders, if you clean it regularly it will stay looking good.
simple green is the way to go

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.