Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
couple questions and concerns after the 20 hr Mark.

What kind of oil/filter should I use on my oil change??

What kind of grease to use on all my fittings??

The concern I have is after 20 hrs my coolant overflow is below the low mark. Looking at a picture from first day when bought it, level was showing a touch above the low mark. (pictures below) I really dont wanna flush coolant to refill with Yamaha coolant. Yamaha coolant I have is blue the coolant in bike is Green. Does anyone know the factory style they put in as I just would like to add to the reservoir to see if I have a leak or the stealership just didnt add enough. Or can I mix the two together. First time with a liquid cooled bike any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Liquid Motor vehicle
Liquid Bottle Automotive tire Tire Fluid

(Just washed bike in second picture no fully dry)

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
131 Posts
I'm going to be using Ams oil with OEM filters. I use Ams oil in my toys and never had a problem. As far as grease goes for me, whatever is in my grease gun I'll use. I always get a multi-use grease and never had a problem.

I don't know the answer about the antifreeze so I can't comment on that. Maybe there was air bubbles that got filtered out when you rode it?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Any green antifreeze will be fine. As for oil and filter everyone has their own ideas about that. I just use house brand synthetic oil and any brand filter. Some people say you need to use oil for a wet clutch, I never have in my 50 years of riding and never had a problem. I think it is far more important to change it often than overspending for oil and filters you don't need.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any green antifreeze will be fine. As for oil and filter everyone has their own ideas about that. I just use house brand synthetic oil and any brand filter. Some people say you need to use oil for a wet clutch, I never have in my 50 years of riding and never had a problem. I think it is far more important to change it often than overspending for oil and filters you don't need.
I went with this coolant to top her off.
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Rectangle

Thanks for your input! Reassurance goes a long way with me lol. I also agree changing oil more often or sooner than specs say is best. I still change oil in my trucks every 3000 not the recommended 5k-7k. In Hours how Frequent would you say you change your oil in your UTV/ATVs??

·
Registered
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660R
31 Posts
10W40 4-stroke oil. Yamaha recommends 50/50 coolant mix (meaning 50% anti freeze 50% distilled water) K&N filters are cheap enough to pick up at autozone or order online, I recommend getting one with a torque nut on it as it makes it easier to take off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts