Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market to buy 3 used of and one new Raptor. I am combing through the net and this site and am not having any real luck finding the differences between the years. I watched some video reviews and read lots of written reviews and it seems that from 2001-2005 there were NO changes? I fnd that hard to swallow. Also other than shocks, I find no change in the 2006-2012? Does anyone have a definative list by year that shows each change made to each model?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
This is a common topic here.

660 debuted in 2001. Important changes from 2001 to 2002 (transmission and some other smaller changes), nothing significant through 2005.

2006 was the new 700 replacing the 660. Good front shocks added to special editions in 2007 and all models in 2008. 2009 got a digital speedometer. There are other changes between 06 and 2012 but they are not important enough to warrant consideration in your decision. Condition will be the most important factor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info

So If I got a 2006 raptor 700 could I upgrade to a factory digital speedometer?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Not easily or cheaply, no. If you feel you really want the speedometer and can't settle for an aftermarket option then I would suggest an 09 or newer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just a minimalist and prefer things to look pretty stock and as clean as possible. I looked at the aftermarket ones and none look like they belong.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would get the 09+ then with the gauges they do look good.

And all that i know of that changed was in 08-09's Instead of mine (07) were the cam just pulls out, the 08+'s made the bearing in the head separate. Same cam just comes out different. lol nothing real big as MD said.

It all boiles down to paint and plastic really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts