Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what you are going to say the one-way bearing. I just replaced that. I just jetted my carbs and it seems like the one slide is sticking. I hoped cleaning it would be all good. When I try to start it, it smells like it is dumping fuel out the tail pipe. My buddy says its to cold outside. I rode it one time since jetted and it ran fine. Is it possible the slide is sticking??? Do you think I need some carbs?? What should I do?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
if the slide was sticking would you get hanging revs?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DECEPTiON21 said:
if the slide was sticking would you get hanging revs?
Dont know the bike wont start, smells like the slide is stuck open constantly dumping fuel and flooding the motor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i just sorta went throu this. I had dirt and sand in my carbs and it was causing my float to be stuck open and dumping fuel like non other. I'd go throu your carbs clean the slids needs jets everything and then spray em down with carb cleaner then reassemble them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
02_raptor_660 said:
i just sorta went throu this. I had dirt and sand in my carbs and it was causing my float to be stuck open and dumping fuel like non other. I'd go throu your carbs clean the slids needs jets everything and then spray em down with carb cleaner then reassemble them.
Just did that when I jetted the carbs. I have rode the bike once since then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
maybe your running to fat try samller jets and does the starter turn over and just not fire or is it just dead? Does it act like it wants to sputter and turn over? check your plug could be fouled out/ check gap and if your getting good spark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts