Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Raptor 700R 2019
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

im new to the forum but i have a problem with my 2019 raptor 700r not starting and hoping someone on hear can shed some light.

firstly it was just popping the efi fuse now and ago but i would replace then it would be fine again. then it started getting more severe.
the fuse popped replaced then it was turn turning over with no attempt to start. i also noticed the fuel pump had stopped priming when ignition was turned on.
after reading every piece of information possible on the internet i decided to try placing the fuel pump. fitted a second hand one and now its dead and giving fault 12.
im so confused tried everything i can think of

thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
300 Posts
Check all your wires make sure nothing is hanging or that any wires are exposed. If its all good than you mite have a bad ecu since you kept popping that fuse

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Raptor 700R 2019
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have checked everything relays, stator, battery, crank sensor, inspected all wires cant find anything out the ordinary. the bikes only just a year old.is there a way to properly confirm if its the ECU before dropping all that money on a new one?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Check the ecu pins to see if any of them are bent , ive seen it happen on a few people here

·
Registered
Raptor 700R 2019
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the pins look good and clean. wires on the connector look good as well

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ok at this point check your battery and make sure it has power. Try jump starting it incase its low on voltage

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,696 Posts
As said, check battery voltage. 12 volts isn't enough and will increase amperage and can blow fuses. You want around 13.5 volts.

Code 12 is the crank position sensor. You can test it per your manual.

Have you changed or added anything lately.

Check all fuses at the solenoid and rear fuse box, use a Ohm meter.

With the key on, jump the two larger terminals on the starter relay. It will spark, and should crank the motor.

·
Registered
Raptor 700R 2019
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the battery is reading 13.3. ive jumped the starter relay and it does turn over. all other fuses checked and good

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ok so to recap when you turn the key on and with the switch in the run position does the pump prime at all?

·
Registered
Raptor 700R 2019
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope then i push the start button and nothing either but the engine light blinks fault code 12

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,696 Posts
As said, check battery voltage. 12 volts isn't enough and will increase amperage and can blow fuses. You want around 13.5 volts.

Code 12 is the crank position sensor. You can test it per your manual.

Have you changed or added anything lately.

Check all fuses at the solenoid and rear fuse box, use a Ohm meter.

With the key on, jump the two larger terminals on the starter relay. It will spark, and should crank the motor.
^^^
^^^ Have you changed anything lately.

^^^ Have you tested the crank position sensor??

^^^ You checked fuses with a Ohm meter??

^^^ What happened when you jumped the solenoid??

The 700 ECU is a solid piece, but still could fail.

Check with your dealer, there was a fuel pump recall, I don't remember what years.

Are you following your manual trouble shooting guide??

If you don't follow, and answer my questions, I can't help you.

·
Registered
Raptor 700R 2019
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont understand ive answered all your questions
nothing changed lately
fuses checked with a multi meter
CPS checked with a multi meter
the bike turned but didn't start when i jumped the solenoid

dealers are far and few between over here in the UK so kind of hard

·
Registered
300 Posts
Check the starter solenoid to see if your getting 12volts when you press the start button

·
Registered
Raptor 700R 2019
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i checked that earlier and im not. the starter relay was my first choice for the problem but i put my friends one on there and the fault was the same

1 - 20 of 32 Posts