Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 raptor 660 wont take oil ive changed the oil in it atleast fifteen times prior and never had an issue. about a month ago i went to change the oil i removed the plugs drained all the oil changed the filter then put the new one on added about a quart and a half and started it to circulate the oil through and nothing. No matter wut i do no oil is coming out of the tank i removed the filter after starting and it was dry inside. i cleaned the screen in the bottom of the tank took all the lines off and blew them out still nothing. Doesnt make much since that the oil pump would go between my last ride and the oil change but i geuss u never know. Someone said to put oil in through a valve cover to see if its pumped back into the tank my hometown mechanic didnt think it would solve much or was the best idea. Really need some help on this one dont wanna tear the clutch case apart and change the oil pump for no reason if that isnt it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
My 03 raptor 660 wont take oil ive changed the oil in it atleast fifteen times prior and never had an issue. about a month ago i went to change the oil i removed the plugs drained all the oil changed the filter then put the new one on added about a quart and a half and started it to circulate the oil through and nothing. No matter wut i do no oil is coming out of the tank i removed the filter after starting and it was dry inside. i cleaned the screen in the bottom of the tank took all the lines off and blew them out still nothing. Doesnt make much since that the oil pump would go between my last ride and the oil change but i geuss u never know. Someone said to put oil in through a valve cover to see if its pumped back into the tank my hometown mechanic didnt think it would solve much or was the best idea. Really need some help on this one dont wanna tear the clutch case apart and change the oil pump for no reason if that isnt it.

Remove some oil from the tank and install it into the engine valve cover area, it should then pump into the tank...............

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If you loosened that side cover and nothing is coming out I'd do what someone suggested and pull the clutch cover to inspect the oil pump.

You might also pull the lower line in the bottom of the oil tank to make sure the screen in the tank isn't clogged up.

BTW if you do need a pump I may have a extra one if you can't just clean yours or its out of spec.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts