Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 01 raptor with 102 weisco piston, and hotcams stage 2. I've blown 2 headgaskets, and now damn raptor won't stay cool. Last time I went out my heatseeker guage hit over 240 and I had my fan running the whole time. Got home and no milkshake, oil was clean and so was the coolant. Would it be a good Idea to go with a PWR or fluidyne radiator?

·
Registered
30 Posts
i run a wiseco 11:1 and stg 2 hotcam and my fan sometimes never turns on when at the dunes. It did when i ran antifreeze/water. Do you and your bike a favor and get engine ice or atleast distilled water and water wetter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did run engine ice water wetter etc. could I still have a warped head with no oil and coolant mixture?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
How long you been using the heatseaker? Is it holding up OK.
Check the back of the head, below the carbs, it could leak there and you may not notice it. There's also a bolt that comes up from the bottom back there, loosing it would cause a leak.

Loosing any coolant?
Try running it with the radiator cap off, when it's cold, for a minute. Watch for bubbles in the coolant.

·
Registered
147 Posts
well my bike heats up too, but i noticed my fan never turns on, even when its hot n i turn it off, i open the ignition switch but the fan never turn on, i dunno if my fan or sensor went bad, anyone know a way to check it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've run it without the radiator cap and it runs okay for a bit then it all of a sudden pukes fluid out then goes back to normal add some water and then pukes it out again. Signs of headgasket?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking i'm going to buy a high flow impeller for the water pump and see if that starts to help.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
loco said:
I've run it without the radiator cap and it runs okay for a bit then it all of a sudden pukes fluid out then goes back to normal add some water and then pukes it out again. Signs of headgasket?
Sound like it to me.

Smell any gas in the radiator?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no signs of oil or gas in the radiator.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi flow impeller and new fluidyne radiator on order. Should see how it does next week.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Raptor runs real cool now. Survived a whole day at sand mountain today, not once did the temp light come on, or did the raptor get over 200 degrees. :thumbsup: Now my slipping tranny is another issue now, LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
loco, I had the same problem.......I have an '01 Powroll 770, I have a Fluidine radiator, in line cooler, and it still overheated. I hard wired a switch to my fan, kinda helped sometimes, but I finally went with one range cooler spark plug, and no more hot motor. I also installed the high flow impeller, that was a real treat(fuggin shaft was too long, cover would not clear, had another sent, it was the same, used my belt sander to make it fit!!) I only blew one head gasket, it was one to many for me. The more I get done to it, the more I have to work on it, but that's the price of winning races...Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts