Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
i have a 2003 raptor, just had the trans redone, and about ten hours ago i put in a new barnett clutch, so i got it back after the trans the clutch seemed to slip in 4th and 5th, now i was out on it tongiht and it is slipping like crazy, no fun to drive anymore, when the trans was put back together my mechanic told me that one of the fingers on my clutch basket was missing, would this be enough to make it slipp all the time????? it hardly moves in reverse, please help me make this raptor work good please,, by the way its totally stock bike baffles removed
any ideas

·
Registered
32 Posts
:unsure: well duh!, yes replace clutch baskett and what ever else is broke/ warn out. if you want things to work right, their cant be anything broken...and make sure youre using a wet clutch approved oil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im thinknig it is, my oil more then anything, buddy just put reg car oil in it and im having been reading about my 06 grizz and energy conserving oils, also think my clutch calbe might be to tight, would just draing the oil and replanceing it with yamilube do the trick how long would it take to get the rest of the oil out of the clutch

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
i put in some amsoil oil for the raptor one time and it was the last time syn. oil for a quad or not that stuff was garbage it made the clutch slip so bad the raptor would lift the front end in first gear even i got some castrol motorcycle oil in it now its NOT syn. and it works WAY better watch the kind of oil you put in the raptor i find they are picky on there oil

·
Registered
32 Posts
if the clutch is slipping because of oil, youll need to change the oil, ride it for a small periode, change the oil again, ride for 30 min. change the oil again ride and change the oil again, because oil mix's so well the old car oil will be hell to get completely out of the motor, whats probably happened is youv glazed your clutch over, it'll take awhile to fix that but make sure your oil is wet clutch compatible!, and if that doesnt work, fix the clutch basket no tabs are supposed to be broken....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts