Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raptor wont start. Turns over just wont start up. Will kill battery before starting using choke or not. any ideas to get my bike started easier or what I need to do to get the bike easy to start.

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
1) when and under what circumstances did this problem arise?
2) how long has the bike sat, unused?
3) have you checked for spark?
4) are you able to get it to run at all - pulling with another quad, etc.?
5) when is the last time you checked your valve clearance?

Answers to all 5 will help us converge on your problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happens all the time. Bike was ridden about two weeks ago, but only for very little time to test ride when got the bike. Have not checked the plug yet will do. It will start when you pull it with something. I don't know about the valve clearance, but when bike does run it back firers when you press the throttle fast and some times shoots flame out the back but, only when giving it gas.

What is your opinion on the new E3 Spark Plug?

Thanks

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
CLean the carbs (completely), adjust the valves - this is what's making it a bear to start with the starter. Get back to us with any symptoms that are left (probably none).

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
It happens all the time. Bike was ridden about two weeks ago, but only for very little time to test ride when got the bike. Have not checked the plug yet will do. It will start when you pull it with something. I don't know about the valve clearance, but when bike does run it back firers when you press the throttle fast and some times shoots flame out the back but, only when giving it gas.

What is your opinion on the new E3 Spark Plug?

Thanks
Never heard of it..............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts