Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 03 660 with, a 686 bore, with a duncan racing hp4 kit, with a mega cycle drag cam. my raptor pulls hard up untel 4th gear and it seams to lose a little power, and when a hit fifth it falls on its face. with the x-14 cam it should pull like a train on the top. i still have the stock carbs, and ignition. me and my bro were thinking that the carbs couldnt keep up with the high reving cams.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Very few recreational bikes are running that cam, it's just way too aggressive for rideability.

My guess is that no only can't your carbs keep up but your porting (or a lack there of) is a contributing factor as well.

Gearing is going to make a big deal here too, with that cam if you're too tall you wont have the torque to pull 5th.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my jets are 175 and 170, think i should bump them up a size

my engine has been ported by duncan

duncan thought the problem was the carbs, and maybe the clutch. they also told me that i should switch to there fatboy 4 exhaust, i am running ct exhaust. they said that i would get more power with theres because their hp4 kit they did for me was set up for that exhaust. would switching exhaust make that big of a difference

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
It would make a little difference...you'd lose about 2 hp going to the Duncan.

Clutches are common, I've broken a couple. May want to look into a wiseco or GYTR/Hinson clutch basket.

I'd definately say you're too lean, I was running that jetting at 500' asl with just a pipe, open airbox/filter kit and a stage 1 hotcam all on an OEM head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.