Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I got a 07' raptor 700 se i recently installed hmf sport full exhaust, pclll, and pro design filter kit, aswell as a 15t front sprocket, i installed the dynojet map, that is in their data base for it, seems to run fine the only thing is that on quick acceleration sometime get backfire, and also on deceleration (done shifting) i get backfiring, if any body has the remedy to the map for this, if its a rich or lean issue, it would be greatly appreciated. and i have also notice a couple times on start up while idling it has stalled.

thanks,

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have a similar set up. i have the bill ballance carbon fiber full exhaust on mine, withthe pc3 and K&N. I too notice it does that. more or less when its cold for me. I have to let it warm up for about 10 minutes before riding. it still does it a little, but doesnt get to me

·
Registered
14 Posts
popping or backfire is usually a sign of being too lean. When I first got my PCIII, i had a similar "popping noise" during deceleration. I changed the map to a sightly richer one and 2 riding trips later it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you change your map to a more rich one, dont be suprised if you experience a slight decrease in power since when you run lean you more completely burn all of your fuel that is injected into the piston. Lean may be a little faster but damages engine longevity. On a side note, from what i understand, too lean=less power. I experienced this first hand. The right mix is hard to find but once you do, you will be very happy. High Five! (borat)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts