Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to this site. Currently I have an 05 TRX 450R. It's great and all but I want to build an R1 raptor. I was out at sand mountain last weekend and these things were screaming up the mountain doing wheelies the whole way! It looked like to much fun for me not to have one. I have been searching a bunch of sites and reading everything I can to find instructions on how to build one without any luck. Does anyone know where else I can look for info? I am going to build one from scratch. I already know hwere to get the engine and I'm going to start building a rolling chassis first. The chassis is the easy part and. I need instructions on motor mounting. Including exhaust specs and all the other crap. I know this has probably already been asked a bunch of times so I apologize for the redundancy. I intend to fully document my build with pics and instrucions for future use. Thanks everyon. **out like trout**

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
ive herd its pretty hard with an R1 since its so big. im planning on an R6 in a banshee frame, but the R1 has like 60 more hp so ill try to do it if possible

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hello all. I'm new to this site. Currently I have an 05 TRX 450R. It's great and all but I want to build an R1 raptor. I was out at sand mountain last weekend and these things were screaming up the mountain doing wheelies the whole way! It looked like to much fun for me not to have one. I have been searching a bunch of sites and reading everything I can to find instructions on how to build one without any luck. Does anyone know where else I can look for info? I am going to build one from scratch. I already know hwere to get the engine and I'm going to start building a rolling chassis first. The chassis is the easy part and. I need instructions on motor mounting. Including exhaust specs and all the other crap. I know this has probably already been asked a bunch of times so I apologize for the redundancy. I intend to fully document my build with pics and instrucions for future use. Thanks everyon. **out like trout**
Grind, weld, repeat.

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bump.....anymore info on this. any conversion kits or what? Might do this instead of putting on a turbo after the stock motor is built......

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm doing a r1 conversion into a 04 350 warrior right now. From my experience's right now it's not a big deal as far as the frame mods. Cut, Bend tubeing Weld. I'm b uilding mine with an unboltable frame section so I can make the motor tighter in the frame and its working out great on that. But I would reccomend the 2003 R1 motor's there the smallest dimensionally. If I can get the R1 motor and radiator to fit in factory mounting style with exhaust on in a warrior frame then it should be gravey in a 700 frame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking to buy a built finished Raptor R1

I am new here, I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this, I am looking to buy a polished well built Raptor R1. Could someone please let me know where is the correct place to post this?

I have a very fast polished Suzuki LT 500R big bore lots of mods, has not been rode in 10yrs, Last time ridden, tranny shaking, been on east cost for 10yrs, now back home looking to ride again and looking for new bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well Drunk me is telling me that I need to look into this now before I blow up my 700. Been thinking about buying an R1 engine and storing it until I'm ready to swap.

No one has a rough estimate on price? 2 grand?

How much would a good running R1 engine cost?

·
Master of the Electron
15,454 Posts
I'm finding running, low miles R1 engines on Craig's List starting at around $1,000...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I guess I'm gonna start looking for an engine to store. When I do the conversion. I'm pretty much just gonna beef up the frame and modify anything that needs to make the engine fit. Other than that. I want it to look stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
05 raptor 350 help

can I put any type of motorcycle engine on an 05 raptor 350 ? trying to get more power . BUT i don't want alot of welding can i get any direct fit motors for it?

·
Registered
579 Posts
all that power is just gonna spin wheels and make it a stright line bike. SV650 motor would be good v twin for usable power. I owned a R1...its even a little much in 2 wheels. if you have 2 bikes broke and make 1 ok maybe but cutting up 2 nice titled bikes to make one is pointless. 60+hp raptor 660 will dominated hills and woods anyday...160hp is not needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts