1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 15-17, 2007
RaptorForum.com Raptor Rally
Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Mears, MI

Group ride Saturday, meeting at the base of Test Hill (first hill just after you enter) on the opposite end of the entrance to the dunes.
We will meet between 10:00am and 10:30am. The length of the ride will be determined entirely by the participants.

BBQ to follow the group ride. Will be held in the parking lot at the truck/trailer of whoever's got the most room. Bring your own refreshments, food and chairs. We will attempt to furnish a grill but as of right now I cannot guarantee it.

If there are any ideas for a casual Friday night meeting please post them, but it appears as though we're spread out amongst the camp grounds and hotels so it may not be a simple task.

My cellular number is available upon PM request.

Any questions please post or PM. I will be heading up Thursday so will not have access to the site from that time on.

My ATV:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Re: Raptor Rally '07 - Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Mears, Michigan

mrtrick said:
RaptorGrandpa said:
Any weekend.. as long as it's not snowing. ;)
Ditto, but I'm a fan of the warmth as well. May sounds good to me. (although depending on weather I may still go the weekend after opening) Arrgghghghh, I just love it up there.
If u go that weekend let me know :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

gah i would love to go but money is a thing for me right now and will be for some time till i get this raptor payed for /rebuilt and i maybe going back to school here soon for a few weeks to get some courses and then may be finding a new job gah i so wanna get out for a ride with ya'll anytime anyone is in NS.Canada let me know :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts

We need to nail down a for sure date. Just for the camping and hotel reservations :thumbsup: I was looking at the state park campground and its pretty much booked!! :crazy: Its only Feb and the shit is booked already..

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Let's take a look at mid-june and see how the camping/hotel/cabin reservations are. If there's enough open spots, I suggest the weekend of the 15th or the 22nd. I'm not wanting to do it the weekend after Memorial because I'm not going to have any cash left over to go riding two weekends in a row.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Do you have to have sand tires? I would love to go, just not setup for that.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I've always used paddles but we've taken other bikes and other friends who didn't have them and we all still had a heck of a lot of fun. I've seen blasters with knobbie tires scooting acrossed the dunes, no worries.

There's usually enough people there without paddles that you can have even drag race too if you so desire.

·
Registered
304 Posts

I will be there May 17th-19th :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts

i plan on going up in may last week end does anyone know how much it cost and what you need to show to get a pass to ride i live in ohio i also have 2 4x4 for the girl friend to ride one is a p 700 with maxxie trac tires the other is a king quad with itp mud lights witch one wood be better for her in the sand .is there a hotel that is close to it or a place to stay that is cheaper then a nother money is tight any info wood be great thanks

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

I'm on vacation in June, the 15th would be sweet :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

To the guys with out paddles,
I used to ride a blaster at Silver Lake with Holeshots. Don't let the tires hold you back, You'll still have fun ;). Please post when some other RaptorForum members plan to ride, I get sick of tearing up the Hondas. :lol:

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.