Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing people talk shit about the Raptor's reliability issues and that mine is crap compared to all the other quads out there :mad:. As far as I know I have fixed all of those reliability "issues".

Problem: Fix:
#1: 01' trans is shit 02' trans upgrade
#2: one-way is shit Replaced with L&A one-way
#3: 01' carb boots are shit Replaced with UPP carb boots

Are those the only three things that I needed to do the bring the relibility up to snuff with the other quads out there?

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have an 01 and the only issue i had was the one-way, transmission has been good for a long time with a modded engine, dont know anything about the carb boots.

problem with all raptors is IMO is the short, narrow stance - good for poppin wheelies and tight trails but not good at taking turns fast

oh, and the shifter sucks too, the linkage system makes it not so good especially if you want to do some drags

nonetheless, they are not reliability problems

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't like the shifter or the front shocks. I like the narrow stance because I ride a lot of tight trails but do wish is was a bit longer so I wouldn't have to worry about getting dumped on my ass when I hit the gas :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
k5ride said:
I don't like the shifter or the front shocks. I like the narrow stance because I ride a lot of tight trails but do wish is was a bit longer so I wouldn't have to worry about getting dumped on my ass when I hit the gas :p
heh yep, wheelies are fun but you can only do so many until you get bored and actually want to take off quicker :)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What length swing arm would be good to help keep the front end down? +1.5, +3 or more?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i would either do a +2 or +4 depends on how much power you make and where you ride at.
mike

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good to me. What brand of swingarm to you like? I know I want one that uses greasable bearings instead of the sealed stockers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
actually i have no idea what my brand is, i already bought it with an extended swing arm, it looks like its stock with a spacer welded between where the bearing carrier and the shock linkage is, i am not sure of any brands, hopefully some else can suggest some companies

·
Banned
14 Posts
I keep hearing people talk shit about the Raptor's reliability issues and that mine is crap compared to all the other quads out there :mad:. As far as I know I have fixed all of those reliability "issues".

Problem: Fix:
#1: 01' trans is shit 02' trans upgrade
#2: one-way is shit Replaced with L&A one-way
#3: 01' carb boots are shit Replaced with UPP carb boots

Are those the only three things that I needed to do the bring the relibility up to snuff with the other quads out there?
My 2016 700R SE Raptor motor just locked up and just off warranty and dealer maintained and serviced I'm on the hook for the $4000 motor rebuild I'm not to happy right about now but after harvest is done and I take it in to get rebuilt and get back riding again I'm sure I'll be happy again.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
My 2016 700R SE Raptor motor just locked up and just off warranty and dealer maintained and serviced I'm on the hook for the $4000 motor rebuild I'm not to happy right about now but after harvest is done and I take it in to get rebuilt and get back riding again I'm sure I'll be happy again.
This post is 10 years old!

Just out of warranty, I would pressure your dealer, even ask for a district manager. Any assistance from them would help. You pay for parts if they do the labor.

·
Banned
14 Posts
This post is 10 years old!

Just out of warranty, I would pressure your dealer, even ask for a district manager. Any assistance from them would help. You pay for parts if they do the labor.
I tried they told me u fortunately there's nothing they can do.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I run a Eyeball Engineering swing arm. Make sure to get swing arm skid plate mounts if you want to keep the skid. The Honda style chain adjustment is nice as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts