Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about buying some rims for my raptor. what size do you guys recommened. also any good sites.
any info greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,727 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hipers are nice if you like the style, if not go with douglas or ITP

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like some itp black ones i seen at rockymountain. this is what i plan to do. 05 grey body with black rims and black radiator cover. what u guys think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have 10x8 for my rears, i have been riding on an mx track, so the smaller rim= more side wall which is nice for side corner bite, (and incase your wondering, the 18's in back are awsome, i love them) and my rims have the reinforcement ring in them, which they have held up nice for my buddies and i, even with the abuse of the track.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i just ordered the itp t-9 black rims with some 20x11x9 i-razrs from golden west cycle.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
It would be nice if I could get free shipping up to canada, but they are only for the U.S. Maybe I'll just have to move!! LOL

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have t 9 rims both regular and rolled edges, they dont like rocks...thats all I have to say. I bent them hitting stuff, rode them home flat, hammered them back and they sill hold air. I guess thats ok, but Id rather not have to run flat. My next set of rims will be ITP baja but I will weld the rings in myself. So far my sock rims have held up the best.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya the ones i was lookin at are the ITP baja. hopefully they are good.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
LOL, good call Brian :thumbsup: Only trouble is finding a doctor to see you up here

·
Registered
735 Posts
rings on the bajas are rolled in, I am afraid of them getting loose so when I get mine, Im gona hit em with a welder. I think people are afraid of the welder geting the rims hot and warping, but Im not really worried.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
if you weld the entire circumfrence, i might be worried a bit. Not enough to stop me from doing it though. I would weld four inch or two long beads opposite of each other if it worries you too much.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
We can buy lots of stuff up here you can't down there!! LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts