Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ¿street tires?

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
700rSE said:
cool man. i think i want to make my quad street legal eventually. just wondering did you not need signal lights?

thanks
Nope - no signals required. I hand signal it.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Im sooo f_ing envious, I could :puke:

Why in the hell won't all states allow ATV's to be street legal...they certainly don't use as much gas as other vehicles :wtf:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I feel ya, i wish they were street legal in Ore. you would think if you can ride a motorcycle on the street why not atv? Only thing i could think of here is fender laws., but cmon it would be awesome to be able to hop on my rappy and cruise over to my buddies or down to the store. I think it would be hard not to get in trouble though. I would want to wheelie everywhere i went.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Shawnz said:
I'm street drivng mine with the stock tires - lol.

It is WAY more stable then I would have expected at 50+. I use my GPS as a speedo but I don't technically have to have one to be legal.

If I start driving it regularly on the street (read this as if I figure out a way to secure it when parked) I'll go for a set of those TT tires from King's tire.

Shawn
well this is how im prolly gonna secure my atv a ATV cover for the sun and this brake disc lock...
http://www.motosport.com/offroad/productDetail.php?prodId=316091&nav=&sMMY=

·
Registered
70 Posts
South Dakota allows atvs on the road, I figure I have roughly 7500 miles on mine. registration cost is 20 bucks and liability ins. costs me about 4 bucks a month.

And yes ,its hard not to do this every where i GO...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Suprisingly stock tires work pretty good. I actually prefered them over the xt's I have on it now. It will turn better with less contact patch on the ground,street tires are going to drag more ,putting more stress on the rear axle assembly and more wear on the tires. The key is to turn fast enough to slightly lift the inside rear tire .

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
stumper said:
South Dakota allows atvs on the road, I figure I have roughly 7500 miles on mine. registration cost is 20 bucks and liability ins. costs me about 4 bucks a month.

And yes ,its hard not to do this every where i GO...

thats cool man 8) where you get the side mirror??

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
FoxRacing1653 said:
i heard something about california is going to make ATV's street legal....but i just heard it...not quite sure..
Thats just wrong, why are you trying to tease us? :(

Man, I wished they would make them legal. Every little trip to the store would be on the rappy.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Duane said:
FoxRacing1653 said:
i heard something about california is going to make ATV's street legal....but i just heard it...not quite sure..

Man, I wished they would make them legal. Every little trip to the store would be on the rappy.
well heres how a guy made his ATV street legal in california.....but i have heard there going to start discussing making ATV's street legal...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thats cool looking :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
FoxRacing1653 said:
Duane said:
FoxRacing1653 said:

well heres how a guy made his ATV street legal in california.....but i have heard there going to start discussing making ATV's street legal...

If you swap the rear swing arm out easy for dune riding... This would sweet!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
haha probably not to easy with those big heavy front wheels

I wish we could get our atv's out on the road in ky legally.. I would sell my truck for sure! lol
Only reason I have a truck is to load up my atv lol

·
Registered
661 Posts
Im tryn to get mine leagal in oklahoma right now waiting on a call back from the state. Can u guys in az ride it out of state on the roads and not get a ticket

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
okieraptor said:
Im tryn to get mine leagal in oklahoma right now waiting on a call back from the state. Can u guys in az ride it out of state on the roads and not get a ticket
I think when in Rome, you live by their rules - so I'd think no. I know CA motorcycles get stopped all the time here in AZ for driving between cars and on the shoulders. Apparently in CA it's allowed.

Shawn

·
Registered
793 Posts
I can tell you its not legal to ride out of the state. If they get a ticket or not? .. I guess its up to the police and judge. If myself or someone else writes a letter, stating why atv's should be made legal in all states, to the federal goverment and have everyone who agrees sign it and mail it back to the goverment or fax it in ... do you think that would help a lot. I would even go over to the Honda 450 forum :puke: and scoop them in on whats going on and all the other ATV sites.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts