1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new here
I own a Raptor 700R 2011.
Lately I had a rod bearing failure.
I'm considering to swap an Yamaha Mt 07 engine and all around that needed to the Raptor.

Can you guys give me technical tips, things I should consider etc etc.
Like what's the calculation of the location of the engine sprocket relatively to the frame?

Should I weld the new mounts in a certain way?
Here is a photo from a video from YouTube that shows where I should weld in order to get the engine in.

My question is also if it's a most to add more strength to the chassis and if she can hold the 75 hp MT07 engine power?
I heard stories about cracking frames but I think it's BS.

Any important tips about quad engine swapping?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Here are the welds needed.
I want to make it as simple as possible

And here is the video I took it from

There is more videos with cool swaps just look at he's channel

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did this conversation. It was a lot of fab work motor mounts, exhaust, Ect. I would absolutely do it again. Mine Is used half street and half off road and it works great. You loose a little ground clearance but even on rocky trails I have no issues. The videos posted the guy cuts the frame and reworks it to get the oil filter in. I used an oil filter relocator and did not cut any frame tubs. You would have to get the engine in, line up the sprockets and fab mounts. For the bottom frame mounts I weld them to the frame. for the front I used the stock oil tank mount and added a mount directly above on the frame tub. I them bolted in a long mount to go to the frame and attached to the engine. the back mount I fabed and nut and bolted it to the sub frame as it is aluminum and I don't have a tig.

If you don't have good fab and wiring skill I would not try this. If you have any questions let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts