Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and a couple of friends are all sport quad shopping.We are all keeping our mud monsters but would like some sport quad action every once in awhile.It looks like were are down to choosing either the Raptors or the Hondas.

I'm looking for feedback for those that have ridden or had both, or ride with friends who have the 450R to give a comparison.We are just looking to trail ride really on a ton of whopped out trails.Most of the stuff we ride right now is pretty wide open, and is whooped like the ocean on a choppy day.Miles and miles long.We are looking to ride at a pretty good clip(50-60mph), and don't want to get beat to death while doing it.We also plan on going to North Carolina and doing some riding there(mountains) near Murphy.Glamis or some dunes somewhere might be in the cards also for a vacation trip.So we are kind of looking for a quad that will do everything.Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Thanks Griffee

·
Registered
584 Posts
Tell your buds how awesome the 450R is so they'll get them and then you go out and get a raptor. :lol:. You dont all have to get the same ride, its always better when you ride if you have a couple diffrent ones(imo). The raptor for me just does everything and its comfy. The ltr450 seat is flat and hard, not really sure about the 450R though. I have sat on it but never riden it. It just didnt give me that " this bike is awesome" feeling like the rappy. It really comes down to personal preference, Honda does tend to build good machines though. Does the 450R come with reverse? If not I personally wouldnt get it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Let all your friends get the trx450 while you get the 700 and show them your ass after you grab third gear. :lol: I wouldn't get the 450 if you plan on doing mountain riding because you will really need reverse. If I'm correct you'll have the re-jet the 450 before you take it to the mountains while the YFI on the 700r will do it automatically. 8)

G

·
my buddy just bought one and at first I was allset but after riding it it wasnt bad trail machine. Reverse and fuel infected are a big plus. If the money isnt a issue raptor all the way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
A good friend of mine rides a trx 450r, and I have ridden it several times. There is no way I would pick that bike Over my Raptor.

·
Registered
177 Posts
450's are designed with MX in mind. Not that they can't do other things but the raptor does it better! You'll never regret 50% more engine displacement!

·
Registered
517 Posts
"IF" you get the 700 yo will be ready for another trail and they will be ready for the trail-er.

Trail and extended rides have the raptor written all over it. Then comes the power factor & build potential with aftermarket support. Exaust, filter PC3 & tires,.... & look out!

Anyone that has ridden my 700 likes its feel & loves it's performance. I can ride all day just as hard and have less fatigue than most the other guys. Even the ones in better shape.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Hallz said:
"IF" you get the 700 yo will be ready for another trail and they will be ready for the trail-er.

Trail and extended rides have the raptor written all over it. Then comes the power factor & build potential with aftermarket support. Exaust, filter PC3 & tires,.... & look out!

Anyone that has ridden my 700 likes its feel & loves it's performance. I can ride all day just as hard and have less fatigue than most the other guys. Even the ones in better shape.

Good luck

Amen to that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Hallz said:

Good luck
LMAO

Amen to that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
IF its only down to the TRX 450 and the 700, id reccomend the 700.

I base my opinion on the fact that I ride 90% sand dunes and 10% desert. I dont do any mud or trail riding. I just want a bike that hauls ass up the hills, skips over the tops of whoops and handles good.

At Glamis, ive drag raced YFZ\LTR\TRX 450s......My 700 beats the LTR by 2 bikes, YFZ by 4 bikes, and TRX is so far behind its not worth mentioning. Again, thats how and where I ride.

My gurl just got the LTR sunday. I like that bike. Its low, wide, light. Yes the seat is firm, but its a controlled feel. I would not select it for the mountains though.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What you described has 700 written all over it. I come from a 450 and ride woods......there is no comparison. 700 ANY day!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I was definitely leaning towards the Raptor anyways, but now I have my buds convinced as well.I know we don't all have to get the same thing and look like the bobbsey triplets, but it definitely should give us some pull on getting a good price on them.At least that's what we are hoping.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I own a KFX700, Predator and now the Raptor700, I love the dirt and trails, I love the dunes so the new machine had to do all well. I looked at and rode the Hondas.........nuff said.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i juss have to say raptor all the way. love the rappy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.