Raptor Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
cool video.... i wish i could find jumps like that...all the jumps near my house are for dirt bikes and have big ruts and lips that kick you straight up. the jumps in the video look alright because you probly hit those at about 4th tapped and you would soar and get good distance instead of going straight up.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, but those jumps are by no means close to my house. That's in Little Sahara State Park, Utah, about 2.5 hours from my home. But yes, we regularly hit those jumps tapped in 3rd, and the guys with scones will do it in 4th. Just for the record, I usually hit them wide open in 2nd, or half in 3rd... I'm a chicken. They are natural sand dunes, not specially shaped or anything, so you have to be a bit carefull. It's pretty easy to case a jump out there, and painfull as hell when you do. I remember therineman (a member here) let his brother ride his raptor out there one time, and we were just putting along, when he wasn't paying much attention and went off a short drop off (like comming off a table top backwards) but on the landing there was a very small lip that went back up, and he totally endoed into it, and flipped straight over the bars, I was right behind him and all I could see besides the raptor's skid plate was assholes and elbows. It was a hell of a wreck for only going 10mph. You can't ever let your guard down out there....

-SS

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks like you had alot of fun !!!!! 8) :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Flynbyu said:
Hey, I ride in awkward gear too. Shorts, tennis shoes, hell around my neighborhood I even ride around in flip flops (I don't ride hard that's for sure).

I took a long break from riding. I raced quite a bit up until I was 17. FLASHBACK------------->I'll never forget getting passed (UH, LAPPED) by Gary Denton in Boyd, TX. <---------------My idol was Jimmy White, because he rode the same bike I did, The Tecate.

I bought my Raptor new in 2003 after selling my street bike. Needless to say after riding two strokes most of my life, a bike with valves was a new experience. I have since found out that I wasn't as brave as I was when I was younger, and that I wasn't able to heal broken bones as fast anymore.

I guess I'm back to being a sqiud in a sense, not attempting those thirty foot doubles anymore, nor triples (however I'm good for a 10-12 foot double after studying it for awhile).

No matter what you think Sandsquid, you're doing something right. You're riding!!!! :thumbsup:
Your takin me back.......makin me feel old.........ohwell, Im still able to throw a leg over one so its all good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
cool vid dude :grin_nod:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts