Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced a stock 450r and we're pretty much even. Whoever gets in front, stays in front. The only problem is, I have exhaust, k&N intake, and jetted....The bike seems to be running fine...is it possible to be running good but not have increased hp?? If running too rich or lean, is it possible to lose hp even if it is running good? b/c this should not be happening. :3question:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
31 Posts
jeremy,

There are a lot of different factors to racing. Rider weight, bike mods, experience. Your bike sounds like it is set up to compete pretty evenly with a 450r. Think about some of the other factors and if they all pan out start going down the line of too lean, too rich, etc. Good luck.

--PARAGODD

G

·
That sounds about right, sorry but I don't think 660 are that fast, at least not like 700r like many people think they are.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, is the 450 that much faster stock than stock raptor, even if same hp rating? If this is true, then I have no problems....just thought I shouldn't have any problem winning after these mods.
And I know about the different factors....I've ridden for 15 years, and I'm lighter than the guy on the 450...that's why I couldn't figure out why we were even....I appreciate the info guys.!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
A few things I'd like to mention:

The year of the 450R matters, 06 and 07 models make signficantly more power than 04-05.
Often HRC kits are installed at the dealership and some call the bike stock with them on.
The 450R is significantly lighter than the 660, dry or wet.
The brand of pipe you've got matters.
Your tuning matters more, as does your skill as a rider.
Terrain, tires, suspension setup, gearing, and a handful of other things can also have an affect.
Stock for stock with as many things equal as you can get them, even an 04 TRX is quicker than a 660R.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Solid advice as always from Maddog. Jeremy the raptor has so much potential when you start to modify it. If you really want to make it go, step up the modifications a couple of noches, get it to breathe and you will waste on the 450's.

cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts