Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 raptor 660 with a bigger cam and a different sproket and my friend has a 2006 polaris preadator with exaust and a jetting kit and a air filterand a cdi whose quad do u think will win in a drag b/c i think that he will be able to beat me in the corners but i want to know if i should be able to beat him in the straights
Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
If all you have is an aftermarket cam and sprocket...I believe the Predator is going to come out on top. reason being...you get the most horsepower gains from carb jetting and aftermarket exhausts/air filters than you will out of only changing out your cam.

Also which sprocket did you change? Front or rear? How many teeth vs the stock sprocket?

here is something that may be of use to you as well....it's a gearing calculator for the 02-03 raptors

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/raptor02.htm

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
If he's piped with a new cdi and you're trying to run an aftermarket cam on a stock intake and exhaust then you shouldn't put a wager on the race...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ya, with what you said you and he has he will probably pull you. My friend has a decently modded predator and its quick. Me and him pretty much take turns winning when we race.

·
Registered
176 Posts
On that note-Ive got a question as to how my rappy will do against a pred as well. Its a stock predator with no lid or arrestor. He can pretty much walk a stock yfz up top. I have 12 tooth front, k&n, jetted, arrestor gone and jetted. 02 660.

Also, how should I expect to keep up with pipe/k&n/jetted yfz's? These things are starting to show up like bird poop around here...everywhere... and they all think my bike is slow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts