Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on racing my buddy on his raptor 660 up comp hill at dumont he has a abla stage II and I have a 450 with a 13 tooth,Dr.d pipe,jetted, and a hrc kit. I have hualers and he has gecko's who is most likely to win???

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
DUDE!!!!! :eek: :lol: This's a raptor forum, lol. All Raptor's win around here :thumbsup: What a crazy question!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah well all the honda guys would say I would win I just wanted to see what the yami's had to say im not trying to start anything I just want to know who would probally win

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Just giving ya a hard time!!! I honestly don't know but I thought I'd poke a little fun at ya!! I know this isn't going to help but I completly destroy my buddy on his slightly modded 400ex all the time. Yeah that dosn't help, lol. But the yami wins there all the time :stickpoke:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
You should get him if he is only running an Alba pipe. At least until he dips into the engine.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I think you'll pull him. Do you guys weigh about the same and about the same skill level?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im 6'2 and 200lbs he is 6'1 and 250lbs he has been riding bikes with cluths for about 8 years ive been about 5 months

·
Registered
177 Posts
im bettin youll amoke him prettty goood.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I realize its a totally different race But..

My stock '05 rappy vs. my stock buddies trx 450. He pulls on my consistantly. Both totally stock. I'm running 22" tires w/ 12 tooth front. When I had 20" stock sprocket it was closer, but he would slowly pull on me. If we both got a good launch, I'd think I had him, but he would slowly start pulling. I'm 180, I'd say he is 190-200.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
the red rider said:
I plan on racing my buddy on his raptor 660 up comp hill at dumont he has a abla stage II and I have a 450 with a 13 tooth,Dr.d pipe,jetted, and a hrc kit. I have hualers and he has gecko's who is most likely to win???
Since you're both piped and jetted, it's a big hill, your bike weighs less, and you're running excellent paddles and he's running junk...

You should have a clear and significant edge assuming your gearing is right for the hill and you don't have to downshift to get back into your powerband. His torque is going to carry him right up the hill even with those crappy paddles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
what's installed with an HRC kit? is it just a cam? I raced a 2006 450r with the HRC kit and no other mods, I was very impressed with the honda. I could consistenly beat him by about three bike lengths but my raptor has quite a few more mods than his 450.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah it came with all that it was a night and day differnce with that and after i got it in i was beating just about every body

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it turns out i smoked him big time he even bought a wiesco hi-comp piston before the trip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.