Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this hould go in the Racing forum, but I know I will get more responces here. 330' on dirt and then 1/8th on pavement. Heres the mods on both VForce- VDI, Muzzy exhaust, Dalton clutch cover, EPI maroon, 12 hole mod, Twin-air power flow, Carb coolant lines removed, Spark boot mod, web cams 150i, MS mod, ITP holeshot HDs. Raptor- Mods in sig. I think the V is a little too much right now, but thats why i'm asking.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Reallistically with those mods, the V-force and you should be pretty close...this is on flat ground, so its weight won't be a huge disadvantage... The V's can be built pretty fast, but the only way to find out is to race him...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I think I will get him on the pavement, but that auto in the 300' will be very hard to beat.

·
Registered
213 Posts
some guy down the street has a stock kawi V Horse, and even when i was stock i would take him off the line and continually walk away. That twin cylinder motor should be worth alot more power than it is. Kawis are junk though, we've had two, a bayou 250 and prairie 300 and have had nothing but problems constantly with them. The raptors, never, the honda and polaris never, but those damn suzukis and kawis seem like they are made cheap.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a V-horse for 3 years and it is great off the line. I believe if you can learn to power shift it (w/o clutch, let off throttle slightly and grab the next gear) without flipping it over in third like I almost did after it started wheelying you should be able to spank him. Traction is the biggest killer. I used to race my brother on my stock V against his Z-400 with CT pipe and K+N (35 HP) and it was pretty close on pavement. Keeping the front end down on pavement was the biggest problem on the start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts