Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a raptor 660 with an HMF full system jetting and intake. Today i got smoke by stock yfz 450. is this supposed to be? it was a drag race across a field and was not even close. what is up? :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think you should have got smoked, I have a stock 660 and against my buddy's stock yfz he will win, but usually by not more than a couple lengths. Although, since that last race he has put in a Trinity full system, intake, and stage 2 hotcams, now I get my ass handed to me. When it comes down to it, it usually all has to do with the rider, not to bash your riding abilities or anything, but that shouldn't be a blowout, try switching machines with him and see who wins.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well then I guess the only other question I have is, what do you consider getting smoked? How many lengths does the YFZ have on you by the end of your race. I call getting smoked a KFX400 trying to race my raptor(about 10 lengths).

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My raptor have some stuff done to it (airbox,filter,exhaust,jetted) and I stay about dead even if not a half lenght or so in front of my buddies 2006 YFZ450.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have a completly stock 05 660 and the only stock 450 i am having problems beating is my best friends ltr 450. i can jump him off the line but when we get in 4th gear he starts pulling on me. as soon as i sell my dirt bike i plan on buying a ct racing exhaust,rejet, loose the air box lid and try freez clear tube method . then i think i will smoke the 450 ;)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
FullBore660rLE said:
alright starting to think something might be wrong with my raptor. it seems to fall flat in high rpms..
Do you have stock sprockets? Did you buy it used or new?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts