Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone on here say he shaved off 45lbs from his raptor, I lost the thread but wanted to hear from anyone to see how in the world do you shed 45lbs off this thing! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
769 Posts
I shaved at least 60 lbs off of mine! It is a drag only bike though!
I took off the following:
front brakes, fan, coolant resivoir, rear plastics, taillight assy, airbox, skidplates, nerfs, rear bumper, headlights, and lots of little brackets.
I also replaced the following with light weight drag parts:
front shocks, rear shock, front wheels tires and hubs, rear wheels, rear axle, rear carrier, swingarm.

I am waiting for it to come back from powder then I will put it all together and see what it weighs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
what rear axle did you go with ?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats cool, I use mine for trail riding/hunting/ and will drag race it in the summer time, we have a 1/8th dirt track that is right off the highway and around 300-500 people come to these things, pretty cool for a saturday night

G

·
ya jerry02raptor, i shaved about the same 60lbs off mine cuz mine is only for drags ;). i took off the front brakes, emergency brake, lots of little brackets as well, cut front and back fenders completely, took out airbox assembly, shaved down the rear taillight, took off all of the skids(engine guard and swingarm guard), coolant reserivor, took out front disks and rotors and black guards (for front brakes), took off heel guards (jeez those things are like 5 pounds each, no joke :mad:), heel guard brackets, and some more that cant remember at the moment. i replaced the following with light weight drag components: j&j drag axle, modquad +6 drag swingarm, light weight chrome a-arms. and soon to come: complete marvin shaw suspension, and more, i have this done to the engine: its bored, stroked, ported, new cylinders, stage 3 cams and springs. its a 770 stroker kit and dynos at 81hp and soon to be 142 hp :eek: :eek: with the next kit that i get for it. well thats what i have done

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
raptor770 said:
its a 770 stroker kit and dynos at 81hp and soon to be 142 hp
Dude...you need to come off your 80's+ hp statements......it isnt happening, RF's 804 didnt make the 80's. It sounds like you have got all the good stuff going down on your bike, look forward to catching up with ya at sand mountain sometime and checking out your ride.

enjoy,

Mike

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Machy said:
aw did someone lie about there hp again? :grin_nod:
No one has to lie about their hp, they just have to get the dyno to lie. ;)

The 660's were getting down to the 320lb range, what are we looking at for hillshooter 700s so far?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
....haha ::)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
raptor770 said:
do u even know who i am, r u talking to me about u ported my head on my bike? how would u think u ported my head if u dont even know what my name is or which bike is mine?i wasnt lying, what i meant to say was when i get my next kit it will be around 140hp but right now my bike is at like 76 or something but considereing my weight its prolly around the 80's, since u guyz didnt get the little sarcastic joke, but sorry sparky jeez guess no jokes aloud. :p

Why would your machines power go up with your weight? HP is HP...doesnt matter how much weight you add on to the bike. You could put a concrete barrier on it, and its still going to have 76hp!
Your power to weight ratio may be better than others.....but thats it. If I weigh 187lbs and have 50 hp, doesnt mean I can put my lady on my machine and have it make 55hp.....haha :crazy:

Maybe he thought he did your porting, cause from the looks of it you have a rocket factory build, and in your sig you list it as "extreme porting".......I may be wrong, but I believe rocket is the only one that calls it that....... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to me it seems this lie is getting deeper and deeper.............. :3question: ::) ::) ::)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Maddog56 said:
Machy said:
aw did someone lie about there hp again? :grin_nod:
No one has to lie about their hp, they just have to get the dyno to lie. ;)

The 660's were getting down to the 320lb range, what are we looking at for hillshooter 700s so far?
Mine is apart still so I don't know total weight yet. I will let you know.....

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Raptor770, not to poke the bear with a stick, but what the hell kit are you getting that's going to put you at 142 HP :3question: That kit don't exist yet, you can make it bigger and spray the snot out of it be around 100 to 110 Super charge or turboed with N20 to get 125 and not self destruct in short order you will need a billit crank and some kind of girdle to support the cases or billit cases. You could maybe get there with aftermarket mechanical fuel injection and 100% nitromethane, custom billit crank and cases, billit cylinder etc. expect to spend about 20,000 + on that engine and plan on tearing down after every race day. I hope you got a ton of disposable income ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
There used to be a 660 dyno'd at around 68hp that was either near or just into the 120's with nitrous. If his dyno is 15% high...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts