Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so i have a new 2020 700 raptor been raiding it for maybe 4-5 months so its still fresh lol but now i hear a scraping sound maybe near left front tire? or by radiator mabye the fan is hitting something it happens when im going kinda fast 2nd gear n up i took off the front plastics and cant seem to find anything loose of hitting? im thinking the radiator fan? the front tire they installed a vapor trail teck and took off some round plastic cover to connect some wires so idk if the sound is coming from there i just know the front tire has been worked on so worried they didnt do something right? but feels more like the front center of atv also this started like 2 months after that install so i think its something else here are some pics one wheel has that plastic guard and the other doesnt and also i just installed that radiator cover like 3 days ago so i know its not that oh and i dont think its the camshaft hopefully i named it correct.. lol cuz it makes a diffrent sound like a loose chain and my other chain is not loose any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So after taking off all the damn front plastic, I turned on my Raptor and revved it and followed the scraping sound, it turned out to be my headlights. I bought some chinese LEDs which had a aluminum washer that doesn't seem to really do anything! It came loose. So luckily I had ordered a week before some new lights. Only problem now is one of them went underneath the headlight, and I need to take the clear plastic off. Which has some type of glue soo that sucks...damn you china!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Hard to say, but the shop should not have removed the black plastic rotor guard to mount the Vapor speed sensor.
I mounted my Vapor speed sensor in the black plastic rotor guard, I just drilled a new hole for it.
Check that nothing is contacting the speed sensor as the wheel turns.
Also, maybe the aluminum rotor guard is bent and contacting the rotor.
They bend very easily, and can be bent by hand or even pushing a flatblade screwdriver through a wheel opening and against the aluminum rotor guard itself, to flex it away frim the rotor, it needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to say, but the shop should not have removed the black plastic rotor guard to mount the Vapor speed sensor.
I mounted my Vapor speed sensor in the black plastic rotor guard, I just drilled a new hole for it.
Check that nothing is contacting the speed sensor as the wheel turns.
Also, maybe the aluminum rotor guard is bent and contacting the rotor.
They bend very easily, and can be bent by hand or even pushing a flatblade screwdriver through a wheel opening and against the aluminum rotor guard itself, to flex it away frim the rotor, it needed.
So after taking off all the damn front plastic, I turned on my Raptor and revved it and followed the scraping sound, it turned out to be my headlights. I bought some chinese LEDs which had a aluminum washer that doesn't seem to really do anything! It came loose. So luckily I had ordered a week before some new lights. Only problem now is one of them went underneath the headlight, and I need to take the clear plastic off. Which has some type of glue soo that sucks.so i double checked and i cant find the other damn washer and the lightbulb is also missing it so i wonder if it fell somewhere else this sucks lol

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Put the headlight in the oven on a baking sheet at 200 degrees f
5-10 minutes, but check it often.
That will warm and soften the plastic so the clips don't break on disassembly, but without melting or damaging the light housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts