Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums but didn't find much on this. Should've push this thing off a cliff months ago. But anyhow, I got a 02 raptor 660 bored to 686, 11:1 hi comp piston, stage 2 hotcam that won't turn over orless I have it jumped and then most times that won't work. Its got new starter cable, silonoid wire, and battery installed. It run A1 when it does crank over. My decompressioner isn't complete so I figure this is the problem. A quick searh for a high torque starter found nothing, don't think they even make one for my quad? Will the decompressioner work with the hotcam? Or if you have any suggustions on how to get it to crank like normal? Thanks

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
you need the decompression release with the stage 2 hotcam as it dosent bleed off as much as the bigger cams. The decompression will work with your hotcam. Download the service manual in the stickys to see how to assemble it as it can be installed backwards from what I hear. I know of no high torque starter but just a bigger battery and cables is the only mod I am aware of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts