Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been working on this atv on and off for too long. There’s no fuel getting to the plug. Carb has been rebuilt, cleaned multiple times, clean air filter, valves checked, float level checked. Still no fuel. It’ll sit in the garage I’ll try to start it, choke in choke out, full throttle, no throttle, nothing. Then one day I’ll go out and it’ll fire right up, and you can ride if for hours no issue, until it runs out of gas or it shuts off, then it’s a crap shoot if it wants to start or not. It all started one day when we were out riding, shut it off and it wouldn’t start. We finished the rest of the day by pulling it behind another quad and just pop starting it, which wasn’t easy either. Is there anything I’m missing? The only thing I haven’t checked is the compression. Maybe the compression is too low and it’s not creating enough suction to pull the fuel in?? I’m at a loss. I usually can fix everything myself but it’s getting on my nerves. Also the carb is a pia to take off on that quad. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
Check the vent on the gas cap. And fuel flows easily into a container if you pull the hose off and place it in one correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old thread but if you want to check your compression thesis, buy some Marvel Mystery Oil, put a cap worth or two in the spark plug hole and thumb the starter button with the plug out for a second or two. Then let it sit overnight and let the MMO work it's magic. I've done this on many engines with low compression and if the compression is ring-related it always takes care of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts