Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to take my new to me rappy for its first drive and had some bad luck. Made it about 100 feet down the road and it just died. I suspected the gas must have been a little old so I took off gas tank, drained it and added fresh gas. Cranked it over and nothing, even put in a new plug. However if I give it some gas it will start and stay running as long as I'm squeezing the throttle. As soon as I stop doing that it just stops. Even when its running its not running right. I checked my fuel pump # and I have the good pump so hopefully its not that. Any ideas???

This is where I miss my old 660.....if it wasn't running right it was in the carbs. With EFI where do I start?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking something like that too because it seems to be starving for fuel. Is there any other places where it could be restricted?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Could be your tps throttle position sensor.seen it before when a 700 runs with some throttle and as soon as you let go it dies.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be your tps throttle position sensor.seen it before when a 700 runs with some throttle and as soon as you let go it dies.
I really dont think its the tps because when I put the new battery in, it started right up and idled great. As soon as I started giving it gas hard is when it started sputtering and shut off. That tells me that when it started putting fuel thru the system that it got clogged somewhere. Is there a filter or screen that I can take off and clean?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got done talking to the guy I bought it from and he told me the same thing happened to him one time and he downloaded the map back into the programmer and after that it was fine.....does that make any sence? It did seem to be running really lean.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
My fuel controller just died on me last year. It lit up and everything like it was working, just took it out of the equation, unplugged it and put the stock cables back together and it fired right up. You can try that first, and if it does the same thing, you can take out the injector, hook up a 9v battery to it so it opens, and spray some electrical parts cleaner through it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My fuel controller just died on me last year. It lit up and everything like it was working, just took it out of the equation, unplugged it and put the stock cables back together and it fired right up. You can try that first, and if it does the same thing, you can take out the injector, hook up a 9v battery to it so it opens, and spray some electrical parts cleaner through it.

My friend did this method and it was the power commander the whole time. He bought a new one and started right up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts