Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finishing up my ground up build. Two days ago, I started her up for the first time and it ran, idled, etc. perfectly. Yesterday, I ziptied the wiring harness and everything and was about to put on the front plastics when I decided to fire it up again. Nothing. The starter solinoid clicked and it didn't do anything and the reverse light came on. The fuel pump primes up and everything. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Left key on by accident? Dead battery? Try jumping or push starting it. That will tell you if it's really in reverse.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Left key on by accident? Dead battery? Try jumping or push starting it. That will tell you if it's really in reverse.
Nope. Brand new battery that was disconnected after initial start. Used screw driver on solenoid and still just clicks. Quad freely rolls forwards and backwards, so it is in neutral. The neutral light comes back on if I pull in clutch and rock the quad back and forth, but when I try to start it again, it just clicks and the reverse light comes on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Maybe when you ziptied your harness you also ziptied the reverse cable. It may be pulled tight and now your sensor thinks that your in reverse. check the cable or pull in the clutch and see if it will fire up. If the quad thinks it is in reverse it won't fire up till you pull in the clutch. hope this helps

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe when you ziptied your harness you also ziptied the reverse cable. It may be pulled tight and now your sensor thinks that your in reverse. check the cable or pull in the clutch and see if it will fire up. If the quad thinks it is in reverse it won't fire up till you pull in the clutch. hope this helps
Reverse cable isn't connected...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
reverse sensor not cable..down under the sprocket by the shifter. one is reverse one is neutral. make sure they are hooked up and not crossed

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
reverse sensor not cable..down under the sprocket by the shifter. one is reverse one is neutral. make sure they are hooked up and not crossed
They are both hooked up and not crossed. I guess the thing is going to the service department at the local stealership to get diagnosed...

·
Registered
328 Posts
just unplug the reverse sensor mine did the same thing after my build so i unplugged it and forgot about it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts