Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new aluminum oversized oil tank and installed it with no issues, but the tank was junk and blew a weld while I was riding. I was in second gear when it happened and immediately shut of the motor. I replaced the tank but now I cant get it to start. Any ideas what my issues could be? Is it possible that the engine was damaged when the tank blew? Any help would be appreciated. I included a picture of the crappy tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
maybe a oil seal broke and allowed pressure to build inside the oil lines. Or maybe the engine blew up, and has something to do with compression now. something got too hot and too much pressure somewhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
do you still ahve spark at the plug?? Whats your compression test at?? A compression test is the best way to determine if your engine blew.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
The tank should not be under pressure... it sure looks like it was, which caused it to blow. I'd be looking at oil lines, and the tank screen to see if something's plugged.

The tank blowing shouldn't cause any starting issues, but lost lubrication if something else was plugged could have caused some problems.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The tank can explode if the pump that draws oil from the tank to lubricate the engine fails AND the vent line is plugged at the top of the tank..............
Another scenario is if the oil line that supplies the oil pump is plugged, such as the in tank filter, or the actual line is kinked or internally collapsed, but I still think that the vent line must be plugged or restricted..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts