Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have been going back and forth about this for the past month. Should I keep my Raptor 700 or switch to a yfz 450?

I raced 3 GNCCs this year and plan to run AWRCS next year. I did alright in my class (first year racer) but would move into the 'c' classes next year.

I see this debate all the time and have read all of the forums. I read one thing that changes my mind and then read another that changes it back.

At the races it seems everybody has a 400 or 450. I like the reliability of my raptor and the FI but not cornering or weight (harder to throw around). I know I can spend money to reduce weight and better suspension but you can do the same to the 450s.

My main mods are monster intake, ccp stabilizer, se shocks up front, skids. I am about 150lbs and 6ft.

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I have 700 raptor & 2010 YFZ 450R. I only ride sand. My raptor is lowered & lighted. I really like both quads. The 450r is very flickable compared to the 700. mostly do to the faster reving motor. But I can ride the 700 all day long & not have a sore ass at the end of the day. Can't say the same about the 450R. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts