Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i have a yamaha raptor 2006 road legal with a dual dmc exhaust, iridium spark plug, kandn oil filter, velocity air filter and i ride it with open lid and i have a problem with it, it backfires everytime i try to accelerate with high revs, i have a vortex fuel commander with 3 dials all set on 5 (midrange), i have no idea what the problem is, but was told it could be due to fuel commander or ignition coil?

could anyone help?

thanx

·
Registered
21 Posts
If the three dials are low rpm, mid rpm and high rpm I would try setting the high rpm dial a little lower. It sounds like it is loading up (to much fuel) in the higher rpm. I don't know much about the vortex but I have to fine tune my pc3 every now and then. You could try turning down the mid rpm dial also.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If your have all your pots set on five then something is not right. Your going to be using more fuel as you accelerate. So if pot one is five the second should be a bit higher and the same for the third. What does your plug look look like. Backfiring is not always from running rich either. Running lean can cause the bike to do that as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
backfire/misfire

thanx for the help, my spark plug is clean, and i have turned up the dial on the fuel commander and it has helped as the misfiring has decreased, but it has not gone. does anyone know exactly what the 3 dials should be set on?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
thanx for the help, my spark plug is clean, and i have turned up the dial on the fuel commander and it has helped as the misfiring has decreased, but it has not gone. does anyone know exactly what the 3 dials should be set on?
I have a similar setup and I'm running 1 / 2.5 / 3.5 / 5 / 3 on mine. Bike runs top notch and plug is perfect.

I'm assuming at this point you have a digital controller with 5 "pots" (the 3 first are the fuel adjustment, the others you usually leave alone). I know the older dobeck had only 4 analog pots and the settings aren't equivalent so if you have the older style, you'll need higher settings from what I have read.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a similar setup and I'm running 1 / 2.5 / 3.5 / 5 / 3 on mine. Bike runs top notch and plug is perfect.

I'm assuming at this point you have a digital controller with 5 "pots" (the 3 first are the fuel adjustment, the others you usually leave alone). I know the older dobeck had only 4 analog pots and the settings aren't equivalent so if you have the older style, you'll need higher settings from what I have read.
My setup is similar to yours and it seems to run well. If you do have the five pots only adjust the first 3 or you may run in to some problems. Get a new plug and play with the settings and fine tune

1 - 6 of 6 Posts