Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new here(sorry my english, i am from portugal)
I have a 2003 Raptor660r and i race in Supermoto(superquad) and i dont have motor to win LTR or RST.
But i love this quad and i will show the raptor is the best. But i need some help to some mods in my engine.
1-Carbs stock are good or a newone are better?
2-I have a K&N air filter and if i takeoff the airbox and put a pre-filter will be good?
3-i have the stock piston if i change for the wiseco 11:1 is the best change?
4-i have seen some transmisson and i find the yukon transmisson the 1st and 2 are low ratio to have more power in corner is good way to win some speed at begin?
5-my clutch are finishing and i new buy a new but mine is strong and i want some more easy to pull, maybe put a hidralic pump lever and the gytr complete clutch(gasket,pressure plate,disk and anothe think) are good to make more fast the switch the transmission?

This is some of begining mods i want to do...the next will be exausht and jets...
help me to select the right mods.
tks to all and good corners :p

·
Registered
373 Posts
if your doing super moto than u want to focas on the suspension first. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fast rap said:
if your doing super moto than u want to focas on the suspension first. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I already have a supermoto suspension in the front are more small and very hard, and rear i have durablue Lowering Kit, but i have stock a-arms and stock axle with wheel spacers in 4wheels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a new transmisson and a new clutch not will help to? :unsure:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some pics of suspension... 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pro-Pain said:
rady said:
a new transmisson and a new clutch not will help to? :unsure:
an new clutch will, i have no experiance with a new transmission so i cannot say but it probably will :)
HINSON Complete Clutch and GYTR Complete Clutch are the same think right?
where i can find the most cheap place to buy this clutch?

·
Registered
298 Posts
i would get a pipe and get ride of the air box all together and rejet. that will make a pretty big diffrenc in power. and would be alot easyer then puting a cam and pistion in. and if you dont have a good pipe you your not going to get your full potental out of your quad with those mods. start with the basices and work your way up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have a full WRP exhaust :thumbsup: is like Big Gun great at low rpm but lose some in high rpm

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
LTE duals or Barker duals are the best exhaust. Followed by Sparks and CT singles. If you tap into the engine you may want to look into boring out you cylinder to get some more CCs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if i adapt dual yoshi TRC carbon will be better than dual LTE?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Doubt it. The Barkers and LTEs are nearly impossible to beat, but then most people arent trying the same thing you are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i dont will change the exausth for now, and I will give priority to the engine aceleration power.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want change my air box, the eleminator kit is the best?1filter or 2filters? and jets? dynojet or gytr Which best?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok its done and ready to RACE!! :crazy: :grin_nod: :p 8) :eek: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
So what did ya end up doing to the motor?

What kind of front shocks are those? What's the overall length?

I like the almost all black color scheme. That's what I'm planning on doing with my "builder" bike, (except the black wheels).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts