Raptor Forum banner

Raptor700 starter continuously firing while the bike is running!

840 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CRISTIN 
#1 ·
So while riding it for first time after purchasing, a friend got stuck on the trail ahead of me, headlights were on i sat and waited for them and i eventually turned the bike off headlights were still on i forgot to turn em off and it killed the bike. Compression started it to get back on the road ran fine after. Next trip out, 30 seconds up a rocky hill first ride of the day dirt bike infront of me ate shit and i had too wait again..... got going and killed it on a rock, wouldn't start up again, wouldn't start at all. Bought new battery and start relay, starts up fine, BUT while the engine is currently running all the sudden the starter starts going off over and over and drains the battery and the bike dies. Now it will jump start and run or start and run off a charged battery and work for a bit and then the starter starts going off again and drains the battery and it dies. Now i already read that the start relay could be fused together from low power but then why would the problem be intermittent if something was fused? Anyone else had something similar? I don't want to burn through start silinoids if that's not the problem. Gonna pull out the trickle charge and do tests to see whats getting power the next chance i get but though i would see what y'all think and if anyone has had this hspen first before wasting money. Thanks guys! Cristin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.