Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im runnin a spring break special that will last until the end of May.
Trail porting:
Exhaust ported and polished
Intake cleaned up and bowl work/blending
3 angle valve job
Yamaha head gasket
chamber polished
$200 plus shipping
Track porting:
Exhaust ported and polished
Intake ported and polished
3 angle valve seats
special valve prep.
Yamaha head gasket
chamber polished
$300 plus shipping
Pix of the track porting:

·
Registered
287 Posts
What sort of gains could one expect? I'm sure it's more than just simple HP/torque increase...but possibly better running, smoother power delivery, I dunno? Anyway, just looking for some more particulars. What sort of turnaround time can you support?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
660 owner may need to "donate" a cylinder head for R&D ;)
Turn around time is 3-4 weeks or less.
Better throttle response and a slight bit more rpm up top with same cam. More power across the board and 3-4rwhp gain.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
660 owner may need to "donate" a cylinder head for R&D ;)
Turn around time is 3-4 weeks or less.
Better throttle response and a slight bit more rpm up top with same cam. More power across the board and 3-4rwhp gain.
I'm not sure about R&D on my ride, but we may be able to find one that's parted out!

~Brian

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
ill send you the head off my 660 for "track" porting if you do it for free

ill pay for s&h and give you a good review after i put it back on my bike. and then all 660 owners will come to you. sounds good to me, wadda you say?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John said:
ill send you the head off my 660 for "track" porting if you do it for free

ill pay for s&h and give you a good review after i put it back on my bike. and then all 660 owners will come to you. sounds good to me, wadda you say?
Send it to me.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RaptorFreeeek said:
wow, and you do the work yourself?
I port just about anything thats aluminum and big enough for the stuff Im set up for. For instance Ive been porting for the automotive side for over 10 years like this:
before and after intake:

Before and after exhaust

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Wow so tempted but I gotta wait 2 more months since I am still within the 6 months warranty. But I will be looking you up after that or atleast by the fall.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am just here to Vouch for Velociraptor ..... He did my porting on my raptor 700 a couple months ago.... I had him do the ALL OUT port.... my bike runs great....
So if anyone is worried about trusting him or anything like that... GIVE ME A CALL.... Trust me i was probably more worried than anyone, about sending my head to just some guy,,, and not a SHOP.... but after talking with him, i sent everything to him.... HE DID GREAT... and i was on his ass the whole time about hurrying up... ha ha ha bcs i wanted everything back within 2 weeks.... sure enough he did it... ha ha ha ha... But i would say he need about 3 or 4 weeks to get this done for you guys...

Plattner - - (Bo-Im here for ya man)

·
Registered
305 Posts
What about the work that needs to be done to clear some of the big boy cams? I think they need rocker arm mods or housing mods? Can you do that? Thinking about getting a stage 3 WEB.
Also can you install shorten valve guides?

Can you PM me a cost for a race port, cam clearance, installing larger valves and shorten guides. Ill send you the valves, guides, springs and retainers.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Boy.. I'll be looking you up next fall FOR SURE! I don't think I could live w/ having the rappy outta commision for 3-4 weeks. thats heartbreaking. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts