Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Randy I keep seeing you offering up a custom map you have for your Raptor. I've got my PCIII installed with the ProDesign intake w/K&n. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the LTE duals. Would that map work for me? If so, where can I grab it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,688 Posts
I also have the same mods as RaptorRandy27, I would love to try another map, i am just using the one that I downloaded from the dynojet program, and I havn't changed anything from that map. Is there anotherone map that will give more power? I did turn on the acelerator pump option and it seems to pop a little quicker the second i give it gas, it has sure helped my slow speed wheelies. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
I don't have the LTE exhaust but I'd sure like to find out about the accelerator pump option for my pcIII. I've seen others comment about it. My pcIII was put on around July, Is the pump option a part of a newer unit or software???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
I too am getting the LTE'S! with air box lid removed, should I go with a map from website or would yours be better? how much hp do you think i will have?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Guys, I have never run the LTE map of the PCIII website IMHO it's way rich and will not pull thru the RPM range as good as my custom Dyno created map. Everyone I have gave a copy of my map to says they feel it pulls better especially in the mid range. I'll send you all that have PMed me a copy and you can try it for yourselves and see what you think. On a stingy dyno I made 50.44 RWHp and 48.33 ft lbs of torque over a broad range and was still making 48 HP at 7000 RPM. Please don't ask me for the graph if you want one of those for yourself then you'll have to shell out the 300.00 bucks like I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
Its really cool of you Randy, to help out like you are doing! I too will hit you up for that map when I get my LTE's.
I want to get my motor done first, and if my bad luck keeps on much longer, I dont know when that will be! haha
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
135boom said:
Its really cool of you Randy, to help out like you are doing! I too will hit you up for that map when I get my LTE's.
I want to get my motor done first, and if my bad luck keeps on much longer, I dont know when that will be! haha
I'll have to charge you for the map :joke:














No problem, just let me know when you need it ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
135boom said:
Its really cool of you Randy, to help out like you are doing! I too will hit you up for that map when I get my LTE's.
I want to get my motor done first, and if my bad luck keeps on much longer, I dont know when that will be! haha
I'll have to charge you for the map :joke:

No problem, just let me know when you need it ;)
HAHA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Hey Randy,
Thanks for sending me the Fuel Map for my 700r, I was going to try it at Olds Hill in Glamis, But chickened out. I printed the fuel map you gave me and the PCIII websites fuel map for the LTE,Prodesign intake and saw that Dynojets map was way richer. Thats how I've been running my bike before and it ran great. Now that I ported it and did the HC piston and Stage 2cam, I figured it needed more fuel, Your map was going to give it less fuel! I chickened out and just richened up the PCIII manually at the hill, We set it at max fuel with Dynojets LTE/Prodesign intake Fuel Map installed. Didn't really want to take a chance with a leaner fuel map than what was already in there.
This week I'm gonna get her on Trinity's Dyno and have them tune it for me. I'll then read it and let you know how close you were ;)
Thanks for trying to help a brother out, Wish there was more people like you out there, Thanks!
Ruben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
believe it or not sometimes running a high compression piston makes the engine actually run more efficient thus not needing as much gas...I'd get a custom map if I were you
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Ruben, no worries, I hope Trinity can tune the PCIII well for you. What I have found is that you have to pull fuel out in some places and add it in others through out the curve. When I first got my LTE's there was no specific map for it so I downloaded the trinity map and used that as a starting point then tuned from there with the ass dyno, then when I thought I had it running well I took it to the real dyno and the first pull was around 47 RWHP :( 21 pulls later we got 50.44 with the map I sent you but that was just my stocker with LTE's and a GYT-R filter with no lid. The A/F ratio on that map is right at 13.8 to 1 that scares some people :)
but I had 200 hard dune hrs on it and it ran like a champ. Kenz said it looked good when they tore it down for my 780 stroker build :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Ruben, no worries, I hope Trinity can tune the PCIII well for you. What I have found is that you have to pull fuel out in some places and add it in others through out the curve. When I first got my LTE's there was no specific map for it so I downloaded the trinity map and used that as a starting point then tuned from there with the ass dyno, then when I thought I had it running well I took it to the real dyno and the first pull was around 47 RWHP :( 21 pulls later we got 50.44 with the map I sent you but that was just my stocker with LTE's and a GYT-R filter with no lid. The A/F ratio on that map is right at 13.8 to 1 that scares some people :)
but I had 200 hard dune hrs on it and it ran like a champ. Kenz said it looked good when they tore it down for my 780 stroker build :thumbsup:
Well Trinity Dynoed it today and so did Inland ATV's for good measure, Just to compare numbers. Never got to Dyno tune cuz neither of them had the PCIII software/hardware to tune it, So they dynoed it as-is, No tuning. The map I downloaded to it was Dynojets fuel map M416-046 for LTE/prodesign/NoLid configuration.

Whats everyone getting out of a 700r with a port job, HCpiston, LTE's, PCIII and Trinity intake?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
That's to bad Ruben, so there's no Authorized Dyno jet power commander tuning places that do quads around there? Were they even able to check your A/F ratio?

Mark H. at Kenz tunes them without the PCIII software- it takes a lot longer but it can be done. You might want to shoot him a call and pick his brain. He's done a ton of tuning on the PCIII equiped 700R's here lately. He migh even have a map that will be suited to your set of mods. What kind of RWHP and TQ did you pull with the generic map? I gurantee you'll get more with a custom tuned map to your mods if your numbers weren't what you expected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
That's to bad Ruben, so there's no Authorized Dyno jet power commander tuning places that do quads around there? Were they even able to check your A/F ratio?

Mark H. at Kenz tunes them without the PCIII software- it takes a lot longer but it can be done. You might want to shoot him a call and pick his brain. He's done a ton of tuning on the PCIII equiped 700R's here lately. He migh even have a map that will be suited to your set of mods. What kind of RWHP and TQ did you pull with the generic map? I gurantee you'll get more with a custom tuned map to your mods if your numbers weren't what you expected.
Both Trinity and Inlands Dyno #'s turned out to be the same, 56.9 Hp, Don't recall the torque, Pretty close to hp #'s. It ran pretty good, We competed in 4Stroke wars(Dumont) couple weeks back and it got 2nd in 650and up and 2nd in Sumo 650 and up. Now I'm in a hurry to lighten it up some more, crack it open and port just a little more and Dyno tune it :grin_nod:

You ever get out to 4SW? See you around!
Ruben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
902 Posts
Just because one map is "richer" or "leaner" if you've done other things that may not be YOUR case!

Those of you that have done port work. . . what are you doing? Either cleaning up the casting so the casting doesn't slow the flow of air through the head and the velocity OR cleaning up the casting AND making the ports larger.

The faster the flow the lower the pressure. This is one of those "Laws" you hear about.

Now, carbs and fuel injection are smilar in that the lower the pressure is where the fuel is going the more fuel you will get. So, if you polish the ports (and don't increase the port size) you'll have improved VELOCITY. Now, this typically means you have more air as well.

BUT, the MAP Randy is sharing (Awesome Move Randy!) is for how many pulses and how long the pulses of the injectors are. The assumption is the fuel pressure remains the same but, if the pressure in the throttle-body is lower, you'll get more fuel WITHOUT changing the MAP.

Anyways. . . something to talk about.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top