Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i currently ride a blaster and on my last trail ride it broke down and i rode a friends 350 raptor and loved it. The electric start reverse neutral light and all the lil accessories it has is awesome. But it was similar in power to my blaster and if i get a different bike i would want more power. So i am considering a 660 since i can find them really cheap and there common. I have just heard about tranny problems with them. Also while looking for them is there any other problems with them that are common to have a eye out for? What years are the best to look for etc.

I ride tight muddy hill rocky trails mostly in low gear, but sometimes i take it to gravel roads and hope to hit the dunes sometimes how would it do for me?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
02+ trannys are fine. Look at fluids, etc, You take care of them and they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
02 and up are the best to look for. 01's had the transmission issue. Just look it over good. Deals can be found but some of these 660s can be real lemons to. It will be a good upgrade from a blaster fo sho.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Tranny problems are with 2001 models.
Maybe because there are more 02 and up then 01s around here but I have fixed a lot of 02 and up transmissions, all were related to the 2nd gear issue..............:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts